I don't know which is worse! UPDATE - JUST A FEW MORE LEFT...

Wile E. :

So I take it that ice fishing is not your cup of tea?

Do you mean reaching in to a bag of ice to pull some out for the blender and fresh margarita whilst enjoying homemade tamales? If so, yes, I LOVE "ice fishing"!
lau.gif

But no...going fishing ON ice...I will pass thank you
smile.png

An EZ-Up...it's a thought...but knowing me I'd have a goat living in it before I ever got to use it for my own warmth...course...when milkingin the winter...this could be good
smile.png
It is a thought for sure...

And no...still not trying to get anything done today...I have a Christmas tree in the stand in the middle of the living room, no nothing on it, just naked tree, dirty dishes from here to Dallas, laundry piled like the Empire State building, and I'm still just sitting here...doing nothing...it's my goal one day this week to do NOTHING...just one day...that's all
smile.png

Quote:
LMAO I have a garage and don't have access to one! Can you say, "Filled with junk?"

PS - I swear, I'm going to get by there some day! I mean it!

Last edited:
Quote:
LMAO I have a garage and don't have access to one! Can you say, "Filled with junk?"

PS - I swear, I'm going to get by there some day! I mean it!

LOL...I know, it's crazy this time of year here too! And junk filled...I can believe it...my father in law BARELY had room to squeeze his beloved caddy into his garage...something about a garage makes it a junk catching spot!

So - I put on my "big girl panties" so to speak and got out there this afternoon and got a whole whopping 3 chickens processed! Just the first 3 I caught, not really the biggest ones - at 7 weeks old I got 4.5lbs, 3lbs (the runt I'm pretty sure) and the last was another 4.12lbs of chicken now in baggies in the fridge resting!

Of course...I can't figure out how to get into my pictures now to load some...typical of me to forget my password to my stuff...maybe tomorrow I can find the real camera and just put some straight on here instead of taking them off of my cell phone...

But yup, I was pleased
smile.png
They were bigger than I thought they would be, but are still small enough not to be TOO much to handle
smile.png

So...I did it...even though it was a tad chilly AND getting dark as I plucked the last one (who did come inside to be gutted, because it was WAY too dark to see what I was doing!).

Now...we need to see if I am motivated enough to get out of bed like a true farmer at the crack of dawn and do some more in the morning! I doubt it...bet I roll outta bed at 9 like normal and wait until afternoon to start processing a few more...but hey, at this rate, I should have all 19 done by the end of the week!

Baby steps, baby steps...just taking baby steps
smile.png

Quote:
I can tell you that I learned, in my years supervising letter carriers in Bangor, ME, I learned something folks don't think much about. The crew, as a whole, much preferrred winter over summer. Nasty as they can be, especially with the cold winds that typically follow one of our nor'easters, the crew much preferred winter to summer.

You can dress in layers for the winter. There ain't any gettin' out of the summer heat.

Quote:
I can tell you that I learned, in my years supervising letter carriers in Bangor, ME, I learned something folks don't think much about. The crew, as a whole, much preferrred winter over summer. Nasty as they can be, especially with the cold winds that typically follow one of our nor'easters, the crew much preferred winter to summer.

You can dress in layers for the winter. There ain't any gettin' out of the summer heat.

Living in Maine, I can well believe anyone would prefer the cold over the heat. My years as a letter carrier, so long as it wasn't cold AND raining I could deal. Being wet and cold is the most miserable ever. I'll take the heat over that.

Well...the weather has been nicer the last few days...got 9 more chickens on ice as we speak
smile.png
Of course, I cheated the system and bled out, plucked and singed outside...BUT I DID bring them in to gut...it got DARK! So...i made sure I was done before hubby got home from work and had the evidence hidden...I'm just not playing out in the dark in the woods with coyotes howling down the road...but we are almost there! Now...if only the weather will hold out ONE MORE DAY
smile.png
I just need to get the last few processed...nearly there! I do admit, I love the crazy randomness of Texas weather where it is freezing one day and 2 days later almost warm enough for shorts!

Back
Top Bottom