I Have Peacocks Now

edbama2

Songster
12 Years
Feb 6, 2007
Slocomb, Alabama
Yeah! I just did a lot of bartering and got a hold of 3 peacocks in trade for 3 turkeys. They are all blues.
006-1.jpg
004-2.jpg
003-1.jpg
wee.gif

Very cool! If I said I wanted peacocks, DH would just run screaming into the night, LOL. Well, maybe not. He, to my surprise, liked my guineas. They are loud like peacocks, but not as beautiful as peacocks to most people, I think.

Great score!! Ohhhh, I wanted some...but DH said....ABSOLUTELY NOT!! LOL I think I am pushing it wanting guinies. Still looking for a few...so far, he is ok with it....LOL

The people that I got them from said they sell their feathers 3 for $5 when they fall out. I have enjoyed watching them run around the small coop. I really need to make it bigger for them. It has just been way too hot. I hope that one of the little ones is a female. Now I just need to find some of them white ones. Does it ever end? LOL!
wee.gif

They taste good to, thou the part where the feathers stick in has alot of cartilage so its not really edible. I always loved the look of them. I cooked one up after a friend accidently (Sure) hit his girlfriends LOUD male with his truck. I love the look of albino ones!

I used to chase them for hours on my friends ranch growing up. They had tons of peacocks! We went home with lots of feathers each time.

Bubba

Grats on them.
When I was a kid, a friend and I tried to catch some of those that had escaped from somewhere and had been running around in a nearby ravine; thats when I discovered they could fly haha.
Don't let em fly away
wink.png

Last edited:
It always surprises me when people say they would never have peacocks because of the noise.
ep.gif
Well, I have 50-80 peacocks and I can promise you that they are not louder than my dogs!! The males only scream during breeding season. ( 3 months out of the year) The hens are very quiet. I have birds that roost at night in the tree outside my bedroom window and I almost never hear them. They are reactive to other noises and will often call back to a honking car or something, but the birds bring me so much joy that the little bit of noise is a small price to pay I think.

Edbama2, you are so lucky!

Kat, you have beautiful BEAUTIFUL birds!
love.gif
Oh my goodness, I just want 2 of each! I'm sure having a hard time waiting until I move to my little farm. Once I get there, I'm going to have so much fun. Do you sell many babies? I particularly love your geese, ducks, and peacocks - though fell in love with all of them.

Avrilon

Quote:
My husband gets up at 3am to go to work. He and the chickens pretty much share the same bedtime. He is a very light sleeper and our bedroom window faces the barn. Mating season would cause me troubles enough. I am not willing to trade a sleepless husband for the joy of seeing a strutting peacock in my yard. Well, not yet. LOL

Back
Top Bottom