I have to talk POLISH!

Hey polish lovers, boy do I have a deal for you. I have tried to post this on the for sale portion but for  some reason its just not working. I have a trio, a pair, babies of pure polish chickens from Gretchen @ heavenly springs farms ( I hope I got the farm name right. sorry if I didn't) that need to find new homes asap. I have a breeding pair of buff laced polish for $50, I have shown them and they have placed very well, they produce great offspring. I have some buff laced chicks about 4 months olds or so that include 1 frizzled buff polish. The Frizzle I was hoping to get $30 out of and the others $20 each. I have a breeding trio that must go together. A w/c black roo, w/c black female and a VERY rare w/c CUKOO female. This trio I wanted $90. Here is the PRIZE.. I have 1 frizzled TOLBUNT HEN for sale as well. she is the only one left.
I can ship and will be taking offers if there is more interest as it goes along. Please send a pm as I am not really on here that often.

Please remember also these are AWESOME lines & am FORCED to part with them due to family issues. Any questions just ask.
Thank you all.

I'm so so so excited to get the buffs!!! Thank you! Can't wait to see my new babies next week!

If you are going to show you need to buy a copy of the standard and learn it. Study the breed you are interested in showing and breeding and that way you will know what you are looking for
Where can you find a copy of the standard. I have been working on my flock for 2 years but really need a guide to go buy and choosing who goes and who stays. Thanks!

Where can you find a copy of the standard. I have been working on my flock for 2 years but really need a guide to go buy and choosing who goes and who stays. Thanks!

Here's the APA website. You can buy the current Standard there. If you'd like to save a few bucks you can usually find an older, used copy on EBAY. Search for American Standard of Perfection. http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/
If you are interested in breeding a flock that meets the Standard breed description you really need to have a Standard. Without a goal to work toward how can you hope to arrive at a destination. Kind of like taking a trip without a map [or a GPS for the technologically able].

Here's the APA website. You can buy the current Standard there. If you'd like to save a few bucks you can usually find an older, used copy on EBAY. Search for American Standard of Perfection. http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/
If you are interested in breeding a flock that meets the Standard breed description you really need to have a Standard. Without a goal to work toward how can you hope to arrive at a destination. Kind of like taking a trip without a map [or a GPS for the technologically able].
Thanks so much....yes..the judge and I talked a lot about my breeding. He said I am on the right track but look for at least 5 years of work. He said the one flaw he saw was that mine needed a bit more red in the wing feathers. Since this is a breed that there are not many of it is almost like working backwards. I decided when I started this I wanted to have SOP and that it would take a great bit of time. Keeps me out of trouble!
tongue.png

DROOL! I love this color!....as much even as the tolbunt!
hunk a hunk a So lucky to have this beauty ! seminolewind

miohippus Since I am not all that experienced with Polish I usually do give my opinion but I think the chick in the pictures looks blue to me. The crest also looks white but like I said I do not know much
hmm.png
other people could comment also.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom