I have to talk POLISH!

Are polish healthy birds if kept in a good environment? I know some breeds are weaker than others. It doesn't get too cold where we live, so that's not a problem. So I need to know if they are pretty resistant to stuff, and if they get along with friendly breeds? Thanks!

Just wanted to share a couple pictures of my bantam white crested blue, loving her (his?) too knot at just about 5 weeks.

I wanted to take a standing pic, but she (he?) kept wandering off.

Looks like a hen to me.

I have him in a cat carrier with the door up against the brooder. I had to go out and figured he would be dead when I got home. Poor thing was in shock. He has found the food and water and seems to have come out of it so hopefully it will get better.  I'm going to look for the blue stuff tomorrow.

I worry that he's too cold. We keep ours under heat for longer. If he's real still, he's probably cold (happy warm chicks run around). He can die quickly feom being too cold. See what you can do for another heat source for him, or get him back under the lamp. Better to have a bald chicken thats alive than one thats frozen!

I worry that he's too cold. We keep ours under heat for longer. If he's real still, he's probably cold (happy warm chicks run around). He can die quickly feom being too cold. See what you can do for another heat source for him, or get him back under the lamp. Better to have a bald chicken thats alive than one thats frozen!

He is scratching around and acting like a chicken today. Showing no signs of being cold. I got the wound kote which is actually purple... So is my hand now. lol If it turns out to be a roo I think its name will be Friar Tuck since that's who it looks like now.

He now looks like a punk rocker with his remaining white feathers having purple streaks. The baby chicks still seem to curious with his head so he is still in the carrier. I didn't have a extra light, but put the base of a wax warmer made out of fake stone and covered the carrier with a blanket.

Back
Top Bottom