I have to talk POLISH!

So one of my girls is "broody" if you want to call it that. She is sitting on the golf balls we have as snake deterrents. She rearranges them, protects them, and is determined to stay put on them. I've tried giving her chicks but she wouldn't accept them. I've given her eggs, but she doesn't want them either. She keeps pushing the eggs out of the nest and stealing balls and rocks to sit on. :he

So one of my girls is "broody" if you want to call it that. She is sitting on the golf balls we have as snake deterrents. She rearranges them, protects them, and is determined to stay put on them. I've tried giving her chicks but she wouldn't accept them. I've given her eggs, but she doesn't want them either. She keeps pushing the eggs out of the nest and stealing balls and rocks to sit on.
he.gif
I see how that would be a
he.gif
moment!

So one of my girls is "broody" if you want to call it that. She is sitting on the golf balls we have as snake deterrents. She rearranges them, protects them, and is determined to stay put on them. I've tried giving her chicks but she wouldn't accept them. I've given her eggs, but she doesn't want them either. She keeps pushing the eggs out of the nest and stealing balls and rocks to sit on.
he.gif
She sounds like a confused chicken! I thought Polish didn't go broody, silly little madam. Well I guess theres not much you can do, maybe pop some eggs under her at night when shes asleep?!

How bout switching at night, and not leaving rocks and golf balls where she can see/reach them?

Golf balls have been removed, rocks thrown out, and I'm closing her up in the coop for a while with a couple of eggs to see if she will accept them. I'm doubtful that she will actually hatch eggs even if she does accept them. She leaves the nest for a couple hours several times each day. I think she's doing this since our EE/Silkie has gone broody again. They are best buddies, so it's like she is imitating Agnes with no real instinct to brood. I must admit that it really is quite adorable watching her roll her rocks around ;)

Great blog site I have been on BYC for about 3 years hanging out in the Turkey section my Daughter had to have some Polish chickens so I ordered her some and these are just a few of the Silver laced and the Gold laced we have they are around 16 weeks old in these pictures.
Nothing as fancy as you long time breeders but we think there great.

Back
Top Bottom