I have to talk POLISH!

So I just got 2 polish chicks yesterday along with 6 others and I was wondering if your polish chicks picked on the other chicks? My silver is the worst but I saw my gold one run into my frizzle and the silver one along with the gold one rolled him over and started pecking at him. I was just wondering if this is normal or did I end up with a pair of "mean girls"

Someone on Facebook asked the same thing- her SL chicks are picking the other's beaks until they drew blood on one!

That's what I thought. How are the polish you kept doing?

We lost a ton but we kept 2 and they are doing great. Our friend took 2 (a buff and a silver) and they are doing good. We also got a gold laced in our 5 rare breed replacement order. She is doing good but she's really skittish. Looks like she'll have some good coloring though. We are also in touch with the lady that bought one of the silver laced and she's doing good.

I'm suspect that the splash we kept is a boy though. I hope not because we can't have any roos. She/he is getting a little pink at the top of the beak. She's already 12-13 weeks old though and the next set of feathers coming in aren't arrow shaped, but they aren't round either. They are square on the end. Any opinions?
I'll try to post pics soon.

Last edited:
We lost a ton but we kept 2 and they are doing great. Our friend took 2 (a buff and a silver) and they are doing good. We also got a gold laced in our 5 rare breed replacement order. She is doing good but she's really skittish. Looks like she'll have some good coloring though. We are also in touch with the lady that bought one of the silver laced and she's doing good.

I'm suspect that the splash we kept is a boy though. I hope not because we can't have any roos. She/he is getting a little pink at the top of the beak. She's already 12-13 weeks old though and the next set of feathers coming in aren't arrow shaped, but they aren't round either. They are square on the end. Any opinions? 

I'll try to post pics soon.

I remember you lost a bunch of them, that's why I added replacements just in case in my sept order. I honestly expected to loose at least 1 polish after all the luck you had with all your shipments. I wish I would have added a buff and blue but they are sold out for sept 30. I hope mine stop being little bully's cause they were the whole reason why I placed a order for chicks.
Did you order females or st run?

Last edited:
I remember you lost a bunch of them, that's why I added replacements just in case in my sept order. I honestly expected to loose at least 1 polish after all the luck you had with all your shipments. I wish I would have added a buff and blue but they are sold out for sept 30. I hope mine stop being little bully's cause they were the whole reason why I placed a order for chicks.
Did you order females or st run?

They were pullets. So far no one that I know of has crowed so this might be the only roo if it is one.

Here are some pics of her/him. She gets a lot redder than this at times. She's just barely pink in these photos. And the feather that's crazy is from watermelon, it usually lays with the rest.

Can you see that square ended one? So strange.

It's hard to tell if that black feather you can see is different since she's a splash. It doesn't look shiny, just dark.

Opinions?

My boys:

Einstine

What do you think of him?

Lieberachi

Yes he has purple feathers. I have been trying to keep blue kote on his crest to keep the others from pulling his feathers out. I have always had that problem with him and none of the other Polish I have.

What color would you say he is? A really bad Gold Laced?

Back
Top Bottom