I have to talk POLISH!

Can any one tell me what kind of pol this hen is? She has spurs. I had never seen Polish birds before when I got her and Zsa Zsa (White Created Black) and I thought she was a rooster, because of the spurs. She also has a bright blue ears. You can see it in the bottom picture.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I still don't know what to call this bird. What I am looking for is a description I can use when talking about it. Like, Cream Colored Polish/Buff Mix, or White Creasted Bearded White Polish, etc. I can submit more pictures of any part of the bird to help identify it better if that is necessary. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this up again, but I still don't know what to call this bird. What I am looking for is a description I can use when talking about it. Like, Cream Colored Polish/Buff Mix, or White Creasted Bearded White Polish, etc. I can submit more pictures of any part of the bird to help identify it better if that is necessary. Thanks.
maybe a buff laced with bad lacing
hu.gif

idunno.gif

Maybe call her Buff Laced that got mixed up.
She actually from what I can tell in the picture looks like Buff Laced mix with Splash (the off shoot of the blue color).

what about wheaten? I can't find too many pictures of wheaten polish but this is what I think of.
Are there feathers on her feet ? I can not tell. Since feathered feet is a dominate trait and almost always transfers in a cross, that would be a better indication that the blue ear lobes. What ever you call your pretty bird, it would be more honest to say she is some type of cross. Do you plan on breeding her ? He offsprings may give more clues. If you are not a serious breeder/seller or serious about showmanship, why worry ?

There are no feathers on her feet. The reason I want to know is for trading purposes. I do not plan to show, my polish are for yard art (i.e. just because I think they are pretty to look at and I like wow kids who visit my farm). I want some other colors of Polish, like Gold or Silver Laced and was thinking of trading some of my eggs from my BWC Stag and Hen, and thought if I knew what this other bird was it would give me more eggs to bargain with. I have several of her eggs (from my BWC stag) in the incubator right now and should be getting chicks in a week or so.

what about wheaten? I can't find too many pictures of wheaten polish but this is what I think of.
Not wheaten, I've had one. Wheaten is a dullish red on the body and redder on the neck.

There are no feathers on her feet. The reason I want to know is for trading purposes. I do not plan to show, my polish are for yard art (i.e. just because I think they are pretty to look at and I like wow kids who visit my farm). I want some other colors of Polish, like Gold or Silver Laced and was thinking of trading some of my eggs from my BWC Stag and Hen, and thought if I knew what this other bird was it would give me more eggs to bargain with. I have several of her eggs (from my BWC stag) in the incubator right now and should be getting chicks in a week or so.
Most likely they will be white with black flecks or totally black and possibly totally white.

I would call her a light buff laced polish. She appears to be buff laced, but just has a very cream colored base and doesnt seem to have strong lacing. You can call her whatever you'd like.
big_smile.png
Maybe a "cream laced polish" She doesn't look like a mix to me...but you never know. She just looks to have poor color/lacing when applied to the standard of a buff-laced. Either way, she's cute!

Back
Top Bottom