I have to talk POLISH!

I have a question I just can't remember.  It is still fairly cold here in NH and it gets to be 40-45 here at the moment.  I have the three polish babies upstairs in the guest room where they will stay for a while until I feel they are old enough to get outside.  My question is how long would you leave them under the heat light??? a couple weeks?? a month??? I just can't remember how long we need to use the heat lamp for.  My last batch of chicks were summer chicks so it was warmer here so I would love a reminder of the time frames necessary if you don't mind 
thanks 

You have to watch them. If they continuously move away from the heat, I usually raise the lamp a bit, and keep doing that. Outside, personally I think heat would be needed if it was 40 out. Most people say that when they've got their feathers they can go out.

Hi Georgia! I'm not spending any money on eggs myself-right now. I want to get my hatching abilities perfected before I go that route...here are some pics. The lady I got these from lives maybe an hour so from me..

blue group shot

crele group shot

crele-it's the biggest one

one of the blue..it will be a splash

i also got to almost grown silkies from her...they are outside-and it's raining. I hope to get pics of them soon...loving my new babies!!!!!!!!

Hi Georgia! I'm not spending any money on eggs myself-right now. I want to get my hatching abilities perfected before I go that route...here are some pics. The lady I got these from lives maybe an hour so from me..

blue group shot

crele group shot

crele-it's the biggest one

one of the blue..it will be a splash

i also got to almost grown silkies from her...they are outside-and it's raining. I hope to get pics of them soon...loving my new babies!!!!!!!!
Wish I had someone close by that had creel polish.I would be their best customer.

Wish I had someone close by that had creel polish.I would be their best customer.

I just found her on fb, look on fb under poultry groups in your area. There's hundreds in my neck of the woods...also look on craigslist ...I hope to be getting eggs from all my new guys by halloween...

Ive not had these colors nor have I seen them in person but since I already have polish I feel better prepared this time around...they can be delicate. Keep me in mind if you dnt find any...I plan on breeding pure crele and blue polish. Other breeds too...good luck with finding any

I just found her on fb, look on fb under poultry groups in your area. There's hundreds in my neck of the woods...also look on craigslist ...I hope to be getting eggs from all my new guys by halloween...

Ive not had these colors nor have I seen them in person but since I already have polish I feel better prepared this time around...they can be delicate. Keep me in mind if you dnt find any...I plan on breeding pure crele and blue polish. Other breeds too...good luck with finding any
Will do and thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom