I lost my ducks to a bobcat a few nights ago

aleciasayshii

Songster
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
The Colony
I live in the city.... Not many places for a bobcat to live... It's been killing peoples dogs too..

Both dingus and mustard were brutally killed, I could not find dingus's body but when I found my duck he was cold and stiff, with the bobcat trying to pull him over a six foot fence....
It is the most heartbreaking thing I have ever experienced. Mustard was 6 months and Dingus was 8... They didn't deserve it.
hmm.png

bfgf002.jpg

bfgf005.jpg

bfgf008.jpg

bfgf011.jpg

quackiez015.jpg

I'm not sure if I will use this website anymore... I want to get another scovy, if I find a duckling sometime this week.
sad.png

OH NO!!!

Of all the things you have to worry about when raising ducks, a BOBCAT in the city shouldn't even be on the LIST!!!

Don't give up on BYC. Step back if you need to, but us duck lovers will always be here for you.

It really sucks, so unexpected. My duck was like my son... No joke. I loved that duck more than any human being on the planet...

Its just so quiet and empty. He was always so happy no matter what, his happy hissing and tail wagging and cheering me up is gone forever...
hmm.png

Oh no!!!! I am SO sorry. And they were INDOOR ducks too!! Not even like you were being careless--that's so not fair.
sad.png
Such beauties and such good pets. I know you'll miss them. I'm awfully sorry this happened to you.
sad.png
I hope you'll be back, with new friends, after you have had time to grieve.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
If you can ever open your home to more ducks in the future, you'll come to realize that most ducks are happy-go-lucky love bugs if raised properly!
I hope you don't give up on ducks just because of one old/sick/lame/injured bobcat attack...

I know how hard it is when you loose a much loved pet (or family member) and realize that while you can get through it, you never get over it.

I still cry about my cat that's been gone for at least ten years.
sad.png

Anyway, I hope all goes well if you decide to try ducks again.
Maybe you can get a goose!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom