I may have cancer

From experience, I can tell you that whatever the outcome, you will handle it and get through it. So take a deep breath and know that worry won't accomplish anything other than waste time. If it is cancer, sounds like it is likely small and localized. Treatment nowadays isn't a harsh as it used to be. They have meds to handle most of the bad side effects of treatment. However it could be something benign like a cyst, too. I know that no matter what anyone says, you will worry - and you are scared. Just KNOW that whatever it ends up being, you will handle it. I will pray for you.

Yes, there are many things that it could be other than cancer. Worrying will only sap your energy and harmony. I hope it comforts you to think about your friends here, and our thoughts and prayers for your happiness and health.

I know it's hard, but don't stress yourself until you know what it is. There are a lot of benign growths. If it is cancer, it sounds like it was caught early.

My father had colon cancer that had spread to surrounding tissue and lymph nodes. He had chemo and radiation BEFORE the surgery to shrink the tumor so they could operate. They were able to remove the tumor, but not save his rectum - he's on a colostomy bag. They told him that he still had live cancer in his body when they did surgery and recommended another round of chemo. He opted to not go through another session of chemo. He was given a 50/50 chance of making it 5 years and that was 12 years ago. So there IS hope.

Good luck and my thoughts will be with you.

Please add my prayers and best wishes to those already coming your way...the waiting is the hardest thing right now. Try to stay as busy as possible and keep focused on the things that make you happy.
hugs.gif

Thats what is killing me not knowing for sure. Thanks for all the prayers it is helpful to know you all care.

i am so sorry to hear that. i know it will b hard but try and think positive and positive things will happen.

my son had wilms tumor (kidney ca) when he was two and then a spot on his lung at three. he is 15 now. his left kidney had to b removed. i was told our right kidneys r stronger. kids bounce back so much easier bcuz they have no clue what it means, what it is, and they dont stress over it. bcuz we know all that, it takes a toll on us and makes it harder for us to get through it. whatever happens think positive, try to b relaxed, and believe that it will all work out.

i am not a god preacher but the one thing i did a lot during that time was prayed to, yelled at, and swore at him. i also asked him that whatever his reasoning was for this to keep my son safe, look over him, and do whatever it takes to keep him with is. i strongly believed positive that good would come out of it.

it can be anything and finding it sooner will make it easier.

i know its scary. u and ur family r in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs.gif

Many people have benign cysts on their kidneys, my mum does. Would never have known about it except she was having other problems and had a scan. Investigation about the cyst on her kidney led to discovery of completely separate cancer in her bladder being discovered early, treated and she is currently cancer free. The growth on her kidney turned out to be a good thing!
Hope for good news, try to use that worry energy positively by planning how you will cope if it is bad news. If your mind is going to dwell on it (i know mine would) might as well focus those thoughts to something useful.
Make sure you distract yourself with things that make you happy (like chickens) often.
hugs.gif

I know your fear..in the past two years I've had three cancer scares...luckily all ended up benine. My prayers are with you. Take a deep breath and Consintrate on what you have control over...leave the rest to a higher power. Worry only depleats your energy and wastes time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom