I Stepped on my baby chick accidentally! Help Please!

Awsomechickens

Hatching
Feb 14, 2016
So I just had my 2 chicks playing around and then I suddently stepped on one by accident. I started to cry because he had a hole in his chest and he kept opening and closing his eyes. I think his heart was kind of pushed out so i started freaking our. I dont know how to help him...please help!

From what it sounds like it sounds pretty far gone... but clean any open wounds with some antibacterial first aid spray, check for broken bones, and put it in isolation. Help it drink by holding it to the water if it survives a day and watch for infection (it's a death sentence in chicks) Bandage if nessesary. I hope it makes it!!!

So I just had my 2 chicks playing around and then I suddently stepped on one by accident. I started to cry because he had a hole in his chest and he kept opening and closing his eyes. I think his heart was kind of pushed out so i started freaking our. I dont know how to help him...please help!
Is the chick bleeding? If s/he is I would separate him/her from the others so s/he doesn't get pecked at. If you are really desperate I would bring her/him to the nearest vet and see what they can do.

Not all vets treat chicks.... as I learned very unfortantly in a very urgent situation. Clean and banage wounds with first aid, put the chick in isolation, then try calling vets in your area if they treat chicks.

Thanks guys for the help. My chick eventually died. At first I felt horrible and was sobbing but then when I saw the wound had gotten worse I knew he was in anbetter place. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom