i think i am gonna lose one of my chicks at any minute (updated)

Good news!
clap.gif
I'd just keep a close eye on her and repeat that treatment as necessary

things are still the same now.

other things i have noticed is she breathes hard and she has somewhat of a limp. even droops one wing sometimes.

i ordered some gro gel the other day so i hope that helps. i have been giving her sugarwater with sifted starter grow mixed to a watery paste and hand feed her with a syringe. i just hope she lives long enough till the gro gel gets here. i think that might be my only hope to keeping her alive and getting her some growth. the others are much more developed. am i right in thinking this is one of my better options?

I think you need to give her some children's Poly-vi sol. It's like a multi vitamin

do a search on Poly-vi-sol here for more info.

thanks. i saw in those post that it is avail at walgreens. is it like a milk formula with vitamins or is it a drop dose kind of thing?

nothing has seemed to change. i am waiting for a vet to call me and maye she can take a look at the chick. i asked the receptionist how much it would cost to put her down and she after all the charges about $115. i wish i had the guts to do it but after feeding her almost hourly for 3 days now i have grown quite attached to her. every time i go in the room and see/hear her my heart aches and i think she might but suffering but i'm not 100% sure. she could just be scared.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom