i think i am gonna lose one of my chicks at any minute (updated)

the vet called and asked me to bring her in. she is a chicken lover too i guess because she is treating her free of charge. she said she will take her home and tube feed her for a couple days if she sees any hope in doing so. she will keep me informed and i will do the same here.

that is good news! it took three days for the poly-vi-sol to work on my 4 wk. old chick. I gave her a couple drops, 3 x a day.

keep us updated on her and what the vet does

smile.png

i talked to the vet and it seems the chick has pneumonia. she has started her on some antibiotics and some anti-fungal meds. she is tube feeding her and wants to keep her for a few more days. she said she is improving and the clinic has named her "peepers" due to her loud and HEALTHY peeps. so far everything sounds good and she is also doing this free of charge. YAY!

I am so happy for you. I am treating a 2 week old Americauna for crossbeak. Im trying everything I read to do - Penetran, Bioplasma, PolyViSol, and she has stayed very strong and healthy so far. Still one of the biggest of 10.The beak is still slightly crossed but its been a week and its gotten no worse. I read you could fed them baby parrot food!

Last edited:
"peepers" is eating on her own now and should be able to come home in a few days. how do you think the others will react? they are twice her size now and are starting to take small flights in the brooder. will they accept her back after her 2 week absence?

Back
Top Bottom