I think my neighbor neglecting there dogs

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
Hi, so I have a neighbor down the road that has three dogs, two German shepherds and a terrier mix the dogs are always getting out and running the streets and they don't seem to care. They have had a dog get run over because he would get out all the time. Well the other day all three were out and they almost got hit my cars so I went to take them back they were very sweet and cute. But one German shepherd looked like it has never had a bath or been brushed, and the other was very very skinny, you could see his ribs and everything, he looked like he has not eaten for a while and the terrier is always left out front on a wire in the rain. I hate to see dogs getting neglected. What exactly should I do should I report them.

Hi, so I have a neighbor down the road that has three dogs, two German shepherds and a terrier mix the dogs are always getting out and running the streets and they don't seem to care. They have had a dog get run over because he would get out all the time. Well the other day all three were out and they almost got hit my cars so I went to take them back they were very sweet and cute. But one German shepherd looked like it has never had a bath or been brushed, and the other was very very skinny, you could see his ribs and everything, he looked like he has not eaten for a while and the terrier is always left out front on a wire in the rain. I hate to see dogs getting neglected. What exactly should I do should I report them.

i would go to your humane society and make a report about them. or if they are on the street lose then just take them to the humane society yourself because technically depending on your laws they would be considered strays if they are lose and not on the owners property plus they're being neglected so i doubt you'd even get in trouble.

Yes, if they are running around and you get a hold of them, take them to the humane society. Especially if you think they are being neglected. They will hold them for a few days (to see if the owners will come pick them up), probably have a vet take a look at them. If there is abuse, they will be able to tell and if the owners are found they could be charged with abuse or neglect.

Please, before you report to animal control make sure you are correct with your assumptions. You do not know for sure. Some dogs are skinny for several reasons, not because they are not eating. Bath and brush - it seems like he spend a lot of time outside. How long dog stay clean after bath - outside? I am not jumping on your case, I am just saying make sure that you have proof not assumption.
Talk to the neighbor first in such way, so he won't be on defiance mode. Some people do not think if their animals bother of any neighbor until you talk to them. Give a guy chance before reporting him.

Only thing I can see from reading your post, if you report the dogs and the guy ends up losing them, will it cause conflict between you, I mean is he the type to seek revenge in some way, may be not physical but collateral, like damaging your car or property?

If you think he is or will do things like that then report the dogs anonymously, that way he won't know who reported the dogs.

Back
Top Bottom