I want Mandarins!!!

Quote:
I don't know about the ducks, but in a previous thread you wanted to know how to make ends meet......save your $$$ for the household budget....duck can wait!

Very very true. That way you know for sure your birds are happy.

Quote:
I don't know about the ducks, but in a previous thread you wanted to know how to make ends meet......save your $$$ for the household budget....duck can wait!

Seriously?!!!! Do you realize how judgmental your posts sound?! How do you know she's not considering them an investment, since she can sell the eggs and chicks for a good price?

Quote:

Seriously?!!!! Do you realize how judgmental your posts sound?! How do you know she's not considering them an investment, since she can sell the eggs and chicks for a good price?

Good god dont start!

Quote:

smile.png
I agree with OzawkieBantams, she can wait till she has the money to invest in ducks, so they will be given a good home.

Last edited:
Not everybody considers their ducks to be pets. Mine are LIVESTOCK. If this person is investing money to make money, there is nothing wrong with that. Investing in a breeding pair right before breeding season starts up (admittedly I don't know anything about mandarins, or when their breeding season IS, how long, how many clutches etc), seems like a good way to possibly make money off of your stock. Get a pair for 50-75.00, and sell ducklings for 10.00 apeice (once again showing my ignorace at the 'going prices' of mandarins - this is just an estimate as I've never shopped around), and you'd need to sell a clutch to make back your initial investment. Not too bad of an idea. They're also small so they wouldn't eat you out of house and home, either. If you get multiple clutches per year out of the birds, then I think you could make money selling them. That is, if the market has the demand.
smile.png

This is all based on the idea that this person has adequate food, housing, pen space and can indeed adequately care for the necessities in the birds lives. And, of course, that they can spare the investment price without themselves, their family, or their other animals suffering.

Quote:

You weren't paying attention. I said come Friday we would be fine again.
roll.png

I can see how one persons post, COMPLETELY out of context of my financial rant, has give bad information.

We were broke, down to the wire and didn't have feed. In that thread I stated several times we would be fine come Friday. That Friday was a few weeks ago and we are fine.

In fact today we took a land rover out and offroaded all day and watched rock crawlers. I mention this because food vendors gouge you to DEATH! $22 for a burger and fries.
ep.gif

Back to the subject. Ken's birthday is at the end of March and I really want to be able to give him his dream ducks.

Quote:
Thanks. At least you know me
lol.png
Heather do you know anyone local???

PS: I am beat to crap after all the off roading today, I feel like a scrambled egg. And tomorrow I get to hike into those horrible rock obstacles called things like Trap Door, Jack Hammer, Back Door, etc. to take pics.
wee.gif
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom