I Was Intentionally & Vicously Attacked By A Bee, I mean YellowJacket

M 8 year old daughter was stung three times by one about a month ago. I don't think she made as much noise as you did.

I rubbed benadryl on the stings and taped a penny to the stings (old wives tail) and they were gone except for the little red dot in about an hour.

* Hope your owie all better, PC!! And your purr widdle achey head, too!!
wink.png

What's really disgusting is that I've tried flooding their nests with water and they multiple openings. I've also tried pouring boiling water down them...gotta be careful on that one. Ouch! Tried the yellow jacket tracks that you hang and supposedly has an attractant...didn't do a darn thing. One person told me that if you a fish or chicken leg over a 5 gallon bucket, it will attract them until they are gorged and then they fall into soapy water and die but I'm not sure that I could stand the smell. Also, want to keep the neighbors happyl.

Is New Brunswick in Connecticut???

ST. LEONARD, New Brunswick — Twelve million honey bees were released along Canada's largest highway in northwest New Brunswick on Monday after a transport truck overturned.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police said a truck carrying 330 crates of bees was negotiating a ramp when the load shifted and the truck overturned. Police said a downpour of rain has helped to contain the bees in and around the truck. Bee experts from Agriculture Canada were called in to help deal with the accident.

The driver of the truck was not hurt.
(and didn't scream like a girl)

Last edited:
:aww

That is painful!! I got stung by a wasp last month like that~~My son helped me draw out the venom with a snake-bite kit (Best Money I've Spent!!) we had as it was going quickly up my arm and it helped a lot, but my whole thumb was quite swollen for a few days anyway.

Hope you feel better soon.
th.gif

I think that there are two New Brunswicks, one in New Jersey, by Rutgers University, and one in Canada. Can you imagine getting an emergency call for that one? lol:eek:

My oldest DD stumbled into a ground wasp nest when she was about 2 and out helping DH fix fence. They were covered in bees but neither of them screamed. DD is still leary of bees though.

Quote:
It's scary when the kids get stung. You just don't know if they are going to have an allergic
reaction and they can't communicate it very well. I believe Epipens should be sold over
the counter.

Back
Top Bottom