I Was Intentionally & Vicously Attacked By A Bee, I mean YellowJacket

The reason that EpiPens are not sold OTC is that they could be highly dangerous if misused. While an adrenaline shot into the musculature will have a desired effect, an intravenous shot could do damage and can result in death.

And god knows what recreational uses kids will dream up if they could buy adrenaline shots like candy bars.

I do agree that every household should have one in an emergency first aid kit!

Glad to hear that you're okay PC. Great and funny story!

that is so true about the epi pens; and really, any doc will give you a script if you have a medical reason to carry the pen.

by no means was i recommending just anyone picking one up...with any meds, prescribed, otc or herbal for goodness sakes LOCK THEM UP!

Epipens can't be sold over the counter because if they are used by people who are not supposed to have them, the person can have a heart attack and die. Much worse than being stung.

Quote:
It's scary when the kids get stung. You just don't know if they are going to have an allergic
reaction and they can't communicate it very well. I believe Epipens should be sold over
the counter.

I'm with you there! Benydrl can only do so much! The could do with them like they do the psuedophedrine products-behind the pharmacy counter and you have to sign for them. It's computerized so you can't go to the next pharmacy down the road to get more. Your only allowed so much a month!

Last edited:
Quote:
I think that there are two New Brunswicks, one in New Jersey, by Rutgers University, and one in Canada. Can you imagine getting an emergency call for that one? lol:eek:

After readin alot of Buff's posts I am sure that was meant as a joke..... New Brunswick, New Jersey is a city in the states, whereas New Brunswick, Canada is a province & you can see in the post it states a city (=St. Leonard) in the province (= Canadian "state").......as in St. Leonard, New Brunswick = Canada.... which is the home to the RCMP......

Anyhow, I just want it stated that PC you can be my EMT anytime, you know how to quickly & efficiently take care of all that can ail one......or is that "ale"....

Edit: duh the article said......going to highlight & underline​

Last edited:
Quote:
I was totally ignorant of the dangers Bluey. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Good
point too about kids getting their hands on them.

Miss_jayne what is a lymph drain???

Quote:
gig.gif
So much for stupid people.
gig.gif
Sorry folks..... lets start handing them epipens out at fairs, grocery stores and in parking lots across the country...

(sorry, again - bad day here)

I read this post earlier and just cracked totally up!!!! ONLY Purple Chicken could get pages and pages and pages and more pages of empathy, laughs, remedies, and jokes from screaming like a girl over a bee-wasp sting!!!!! OMG!!!! Dude, you totally rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom