IA here

I was planning to go, I have a LOT of layers for sale and I should cull chicks, but the weather looks icky and I'm a wimp.
hide.gif

Quote:

It's funny you bring that up cause we all usually try and meet up at some point when there. This year Trish is buying everyone breakfast or lunch! Is that right trish? Just kidding. I was told we were meeting for lunch or dinner. I am not sure however if we will be able to go this year. I cancelled the rez at the hotel, but if things go right, we may go. Won't know til tomorrow.
Let me know what you decide! If the weather holds out and we make it up there, it would be cool to meet and say hi at the least. We're new to Iowa and always ready to meet new people! My kids will think I'm crazy and remind me we aren't supposed to meet people from the Internet lol. I just won't tell them that part.

Let me know what you decide! If the weather holds out and we make it up there, it would be cool to meet and say hi at the least. We're new to Iowa and always ready to meet new people!
My kids will think I'm crazy and remind me we aren't supposed to meet people from the Internet lol. I just won't tell them that part.

Looks like we will not be going for sure. As I described before to another thread reader, this is our coffee shop. We may not always talk about chickens but this our way of staying in touch, and sharing stories and hatches and lots of things. it also allows us to share pics.
Thats what you can tell your kids! Safer than Facebook!

Hey guys! Not sure how much anyone from Iowa really gets on here, but I'm wondering about Waterloo code. Anyone know how many chickens are allowed? I know there is a no rooster policy. I live on a little over a half acre and currently have three chicks, but will be getting more here soon. I guess I probably should have figured the legalities out first, but c'mon, it's just chickens people! :) I don't know why chickens would be "illegal". Anyways, if any of you know Waterloo city code pertaining to chickens that would be swell. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! Not sure how much anyone from Iowa really gets on here, but I'm wondering about Waterloo code. Anyone know how many chickens are allowed? I know there is a no rooster policy. I live on a little over a half acre and currently have three chicks, but will be getting more here soon. I guess I probably should have figured the legalities out first, but c'mon, it's just chickens people! :) I don't know why chickens would be "illegal". Anyways, if any of you know Waterloo city code pertaining to chickens that would be swell. Thanks in advance!

welcome-byc.gif
Sorry not familiar with Waterloo, but there were some guidlines posted a few pages back. It might give you an idea where to look.

Doesn't look like I'll be going to Waverly either. Planning to go to Iowa City Saturday night and will be lucky if I can drive home that night let alone get up before dawn and load chickens! Anybody need Gold Laced Standard Cochin chicks? I was a bit surprised to open the box and find hairy legs on my Silver Penciled Rocks. Apparently the breeder switched the shipping labels around.

He is supposed to have really good stock. I asked because I knew he has SPPR and GLC so I put 2 and 2 together. Seriously, I would be interested in taking at least some off of your hands.

Back
Top Bottom