IA here

My favorites right now are my Anconas. I didn't even order them. They were just filler to reach the required 25. They're a hoot! They come running when I put my hand in the brooder and 3 of them jump into my palm (not at the same time, not enough room) to be picked up for a "bird's eye view". So far my Ameracaunas and Welsummers are the most standoffish but I'm working at wearing them down.

Looks like we do have the green light to come over. But the weather is the hold up now. Won't be any fun in a thunderstorm. On the other hand I would like to pick up some Langshans. Guess I'll make a decision in the morning.
Jim I will message you asap after we decide in the morning.

Trish, lora messaged you on facebook. Don't know if you are coming up tonight or tomorrow?

Checked out the fairgrounds and sure hope some of the tent people don't get wet! about 70F and humid here but no rain. sky is gray however.

Last edited:
Hi fellow Iowans! I just joined today and I think I will be spending alot of time here, ha ha! I am a new chicken owner with four 4 week old RIR and two 3 week old Barred Rock, they are so entertaining!

Hi fellow Iowans! I just joined today and I think I will be spending alot of time here, ha ha! I am a new chicken owner with four 4 week old RIR and two 3 week old Barred Rock, they are so entertaining!

welcome-byc.gif
Is that your coop in your avatar? That's beautiful! Could you build me a dozen just like it?

I sold quite a bit. I only came home with 7 ducklings. I wish I would have taken more Naked Necks and goslings. I did buy 6 Light Sussex or Coronation Sussex from Greenfire stock. They are about 2 weeks old. Somebody had on Craigslist they were bringing Speckled Sussex and BLRW but I didn't see them. Oh well, I have some in the incubator from really good lines. It was nice meeting you, Sammi. Good luck with the Langshans Eric. It was nice seeing you again.

Back
Top Bottom