IA here

Had a fun weekend at the double show in Sedalia. I did not do anything special in the 1st show. 3 BV and 2 RV.
The 2nd show was a different story. I took 5 varieties of Cochins and had 5 BV ,4RV, Best of Breed, and Champion Featherleg. I think Trish did well and her niece was happy with her placing in the Jr. show.
Craig

Had a fun weekend at the double show in Sedalia. I did not do anything special in the 1st show. 3 BV and 2 RV.
The 2nd show was a different story. I took 5 varieties of Cochins and had 5 BV ,4RV, Best of Breed, and Champion Featherleg. I think Trish did well and her niece was happy with her placing in the Jr. show.
Craig
Talk about "cleaning up"!!! You're going to need to add on to your house to display all the awards you are racking up. Craig, you're always a lot of fun. We all had a blast at the show.

I took a bantam SLW cockerel. He got RV under both judges. He is for sale to anyone that is interested. I'm surprised he placed at all, because he was molting.

Ameraucana's I took 1 hen and 3 pullets. The hen got RB under both judges.

Buckeye competition was stiff. There were 20 birds and 6 exhibitors. One of my pullets took RB under one of the judges. Janet Hatch with the Buckeye club was there giving out trophies. This was a nice surprise!

If you two are not going to Scribner, maybe I have a chance for a ribbon!

You have a good chance whether we come or not. I have seen your birds. I sure am getting to like a double show more and more. If one judge doesn't like my birds maybe the 2nd one will . I spend a whole day getting birds cleaned and ready for a show if I bring 5 or 6 varieties of Cochins..

You have a good chance whether we come or not. I have seen your birds. I sure am getting to like a double show more and more. If one judge doesn't like my birds maybe the 2nd one will . I spend a whole day getting birds cleaned and ready for a show if I bring 5 or 6 varieties of Cochins..

I'm with Craig, double shows are the bomb diggity. I envy bantam people when showing, but do prefer large fowl. I need a trailer for all the birds I'd like to show. I didn't have room to take all that I entered. I didn't see any info on the Scribner show. Would you mind sending the info, Eric? If you no longer have my email address, let me know, I can send it to Lora.

Cathy, my show buddy, and I were looking for a show to attend in June, but the closest one Jim Heinz found was in IL, a 6 1/2 hour drive. That's a bit further than I'd like to go. Sedalia, MO was far enough, and since it was a double show, it was worth it. There is another show in Sedalia, MO in October. I think we'll head down to that one also.

The Avoca show will have club meets for Ameraucana's and RIR's. Bob Wilcox cleaned house with his RIR's. Here I thought my cockerel was so good. Nope, I have "barn blindness." LOL. I'm still entering some anyway.

Back
Top Bottom