IA here

I won't be able to make the Walker swap this time, there is a rabbit show the same day in Waterloo. Does Walker have swaps the second Sunday of each month?

Finally getting back on this thread. I'm very excited about my chickens this year! We plan to expand a bit and change-up our breeds! Very excited!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
:) does anyone raise marans? I am looking for copper marans and cuckoo marans chicks or adults in the cedar falls/waterloo area to replace those lost to a predator... ty

edited to add: this is my real name, I used to be here as Lilandra but can't seem to log in under that email address and user name... any help in finding these birds would be much appreciated
The hatchery in Miles,Ia schlechthatchery.com has french cickoo marans this year.

How about we list what we have for birds and where located so if someone is looking for something we can help each other out locally

I'll start:

I'm between Waterloo and cedar rapids, Currently I have white silkies, blue silkies, partridge silkies, frizzle polish mix, black crested polish, white jersey giants, Easter eggers, Cochins, mixed barnyard bantams and few other mix hens and roosters. Getting rid of the Cochins, bantams and white jerseys.
I am looking to add some jersey giants to my flock. I live in NE Iowa, just outside of Clinton. Don't know how far away you are. Do you/will you have any pullets?

All the swaps/shows are so far away from me. Dang! I would love to go to Walker or Avoca. Maybe someday. I have fertile eggs if anyone wants some.

New guy here. Im near Cedar Rapids. I will be looking to pick up a few different breeds for fun. I have 10 chickens now and don't really want a lot more at least not yet.

Lol dringge that all changes.. I only wanted a few.. Now I have 4 pens, 3 breeds, guineas, turkeys, and peacocks...lol.. That chicken math gets ya every time..Nielsen6 what kind of eggs do you have?

Welcome! I live just west of Cedar Rapids near Belle Plaine. I raise Iowa Blues if you are interested in those :)
Iowa Blues is one I am interested in. I like the looks of them and am interested in their history. Any for sale? My birds are probably only 8 weeks old at the most.

New guy here. Im near Cedar Rapids. I will be looking to pick up a few different breeds for fun. I have 10 chickens now and don't really want a lot more at least not yet.
Yeah. We were only going to get about 10-12 too.
hu.gif
No I have over 20 hens and roo, and we're looking to expand. Chickens are very addicting. But they're also great therapy.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom