IA here

Hi chickenmama,
Who knew chickens could be so addictive!? I am learning so much, but the learning curve is a steep one. My parents live with me and my mom grew up on a farm during the depression. We positioned the run so they could look out their window and be entertained by the antics of the ladies.

Hi chickenmama,
Who knew chickens could be so addictive!? I am learning so much, but the learning curve is a steep one. My parents live with me and my mom grew up on a farm during the depression. We positioned the run so they could look out their window and be entertained by the antics of the ladies.
That is so awesome,what you did for your mom!
celebrate.gif

It is not all selfless. I enjoy them too. ;-) my 89 year old dad has a cell phone and loves to text-a dangerous thing.
1f61c.png
He often texts me EARLY morning to give me the status of the girls.
1f600.png

Hello all
I live near Morning Sun IA, its in the SE part of IA and I have 18 RIR pullets. 8 are about 10 weeks old and living in the coop, 10 are about 4 weeks old and in my brooder. I have been a member of the site for about a week love all the info and all the friendly people. glad that we have a posting spot for IA. it will help me keep informed about other people and chicken happenings around the state.
wee.gif

Last edited:
Welcome! I am new also to chickens and have found this site to be an incredible source of information. I have found that even with differing opinions, people seem to still be respectful and kind. Have fun. Time flies when exploring BYC.

I've posted this in a few other forums:

Little concerned here; I've got 3 Plymouth Barred Rocks and 1 Black Austraplorp which are all 9 months old. Two months ago I integrated 3 new pullets (14 weeks) . They get along great, no problems up until a week ago. I noticed that my 3 Barred Rocks no longer get on the roosting bar unless I manually put them there. They will stay there until morning. Otherwise they just stay on the floor next to the door opening. Should I be concerned or just let it go?

Back
Top Bottom