Icelandic Chickens

THATS AWESOME!!!
love.gif
love.gif

ahh! bad news! my pretty icelandic rooster is not doing so hot :(
I noticed tonight that he was walking funny... the past couple of days he has been on the roost a lot, but today I really noticed something strange. His one leg seems strained or injured. He is not wanting to put weight on it and is kind of curling his toes, when we walks he makes it very rigid. I picked him up and streached his leg and flexed his toes and he didn't seem bothered :S. Ever seen anything like this?! I hope he just strained it or something.. ironic that I am in the process of getting rid of my extra icelandic rooster, and the injured boy was the chosen keeper.. I hope I don't need to replace him!

JUST DROPPING IN TO SAY HI we just ahtched our first Icelandic's 2 hatched but one died more in incubator.
fl.gif
Congrats and welcome! Sorry for the chick lost.
ahh! bad news! my pretty icelandic rooster is not doing so hot :(
I noticed tonight that he was walking funny... the past couple of days he has been on the roost a lot, but today I really noticed something strange. His one leg seems strained or injured. He is not wanting to put weight on it and is kind of curling his toes, when we walks he makes it very rigid. I picked him up and streached his leg and flexed his toes and he didn't seem bothered :S. Ever seen anything like this?! I hope he just strained it or something.. ironic that I am in the process of getting rid of my extra icelandic rooster, and the injured boy was the chosen keeper.. I hope I don't need to replace him!
Put him in a dog crate for about a week so he can rest it. I've had most heal from it. I did have 1 cockerel that I ended up having to put down because his leg kept getting worse.

Back
Top Bottom