Icelandic Chickens

Here are pics of the chicks hatched from Icelander's eggs! They are all so dark, I absolutely cannot wait to see how they develop. I am thrilled with this hatch, being my first time incubating, 4 out of 7, from shipped across the country eggs, not too bad! Thank you Icelander for sharing these beautiful and special birds with me:)

The last picture is our Stáli, from our first batch of Icelandics this year. Just love the mix of steel gray and reds, and a good chickenality to boot!

Karimw, well Kaz is a really good pup, would I be correct in assuming he is from working lines?
Well Kaz is from a farm, but I wouldn't call them "working". The family had a lot of horses and cows. They told me stories of the parents traveling miles from home that have me pushing hard to improve my fence line. I don't want that! I've never had a gaurdian breed before but so far his behavior is what I hoped it would be.

Here are pics of the chicks hatched from Icelander's eggs! They are all so dark, I absolutely cannot wait to see how they develop. I am thrilled with this hatch, being my first time incubating, 4 out of 7, from shipped across the country eggs, not too bad! Thank you Icelander for sharing these beautiful and special birds with me:)

The last picture is our Stáli, from our first batch of Icelandics this year. Just love the mix of steel gray and reds, and a good chickenality to boot!

They are adorable!

Oh, boy! Can't wait to get my Icelander eggs next week! I've been reading through the thread (still only 1/16 the way through
roll.png
) and am getting Icelandic fever, that's for sure.

Beautiful chicks crystaldegallina!

Here are some pictures of the chicks I hatched from mary (not a farm) In the first picture, I would like to know what color to call the pullet in the back. I have a white one and two blues to compare it to. Its a very light gray almost white.

Here are a few others of marys;

Here are some Sandhill chicks.

I have lots of colors!!! Now trying to decide what roos to keep, and what pullets to put them with. !?!

Crystal, these are absolutely the cutest chickies I've seen... since I hatched their parents!
big_smile.png
Speaking of their parents, I'm starting to think big black beauty Glámur may have won out over Prímus with fertilizing this lot, he had that tux coloring as a baby, very similar to chick #1. Stáli is very handsome, I'd love to hatch one like that.

Judges4, I know you don't even have eggs in the 'bator yet, but I'm already SO excited to see how yours turn out. When I start collecting for you the ladies will have been in with Prímus only for over a week so they might be different. Can't wait to find out!

Joyous, that light blue/grey lavender whatever she is, is SPECTACULAR!

Crystal, these are absolutely the cutest chickies I've seen... since I hatched their parents!
big_smile.png
Speaking of their parents, I'm starting to think big black beauty Glámur may have won out over Prímus with fertilizing this lot, he had that tux coloring as a baby, very similar to chick #1. Stáli is very handsome, I'd love to hatch one like that.

Judges4, I know you don't even have eggs in the 'bator yet, but I'm already SO excited to see how yours turn out. When I start collecting for you the ladies will have been in with Prímus only for over a week so they might be different. Can't wait to find out!

Joyous, that light blue/grey lavender whatever she is, is SPECTACULAR!
You and me both! Love the look of Primus and the blues. Also can't wait to see how the newly imported batch comes out. When do they hatch??

Thanks all!

Joyous, you have such a great variety, I am sure what ever roos you decide to keep will produce more beautiful birds(how can they not!). And that 'self blue' pullet is stunning!

Icelander, I am pretty sure that Glámur was the head roo with your ladies while he was around. Even the fully developed, but dead in the shell chick was a dark one!

Back
Top Bottom