I'd love to have a hatching buddy?

MORE BABIES!!!!!
Still lots of pips, but there's three chicks...two Polish and a Silkie :)
Group pic, and using their favouite mama as a playground, lol! They all hatched under the silver partridge, and all went over to the paint...no one seems to favour the poor frazzle, lol!

Last edited:
A chick!!!!!
Either wcb or creole polish, have to wait for her/him to dry to see...there's lots more pips, including my very first Serama egg!!!!!
MORE BABIES!!!!! Still lots of pips, but there's three chicks...two Polish and a Silkie :) Group pic, and using their favouite mama as a playground, lol! They all hatched under the silver partridge, and all went over to the paint...no one seems to favour the poor frazzle, lol!
Oh my goodness! Those polish are so beyond adorable!! I want polish frizzles so bad but I'm trying to focus on breeding one breed at a time. They are on my future list! I love your chicks!

Day 8 today and I just candled. We have 11 that are for sure growing and kicking! It was so neat to see them moving around in there. My husband was even fascinated, and he doesn't care much for chickens. Lol. He's already coming up with names for them.

First chick of the first batch has hatched and another egg looks like it was pipping. These are the shipped eggs I put under my bantam Cochin. The chick looks like a white silkie.

I had about convinced myself nothing was going to hatch (even though hatch day isn't technically until tomorrow). Now I can stop worrying and look forward to seeing who else hatches.

This poor little clutch of eggs...

Okay, so you know the eggs hatching this Wednesday? So I had them under three different hens about ten eggs under each. One hen abandoned her clutch, so I moved them under a different broody. This morning, that broody abandoned them too! They are now in the incubator...seriously girls! The other two hens are doing great :-D

The first half of my hatch is complete. My broody hatched 4 chicks from some shipped eggs. The other half (local eggs) are in the incubator slated to hatch in a week.

The white silkie chick she hatched is pretty cute:

Back
Top Bottom