Ideal "poultry shipped" email question...

Quote:
Wow that is fast!! I am so hoping I will get mine tomorrow!

jossanne- I am thinking that means you will probably get your chicks tomorrow and they shipped yesterday the 18th, but not sure on that.

I ordered 3 Easter Eggers, 1 Partidge rock, 2 Salmon Faverolles, and 6 Pullet surprises chicks. I can't wait to see what my surprises are.

What did you order?

4 black frizzles, 4 bantam GLW's, 4 blue silkies and 4 bantam sultans. A bunch of silly bantams, and I'm so excited! I swore I was going to buy more sensible layers this spring, but alas, I failed.
lol.png
I can hardly wait for them to get here!!!

I got the same email from Ideal saying that they shipped on the 18th (but they were supposed to ship in the 19th). I ordered a batch from mypetchicken, and they were supposed to ship the week of the 17th and I received them on the 18th - only one day! I was hoping that would have been the case for my little ones from Ideal too - so here's hoping they did ship today (the 19th) and not yesterday like the email said
fl.gif
. The thought of those little babies cold and in transit for 2 days makes me sad.
hit.gif

Fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
fl.gif
:fl:fl:fl

In the past I've had an order from Ideal that came overnight. But I've had two other orders that took two days. The chicks were fine. I've been expecting this one to take two days, and my state neighbors TX.

Good luck to us all!

I received a call this morning at 7:48am from my PO - my chicks were in! So far they all look very healthy and are adorable!!
yippiechickie.gif
love.gif

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their babies
thumbsup.gif

I got a call from the PO this morning as well, Picked up my babies all healthy and chirping away.
DSC_0037copy.jpg

Prepare for picture over load

I got 7 packing peanuts, I am thinking they are barred rocks, but not sure. Any Guesses?
DSC_0044copy.jpg

I also got 3 Easter Eggers, 1 has the poofiest little cheeks I've ever seen
DSC_0046copy.jpg

2 Salmon Favorelles- so cute and one looks like it could have been pecked in the eye, hope it heals

1 Partridge rock- I just love rocks, and I love the partridge coloring.

I also got 6 surprise pullets: Any guesses? I don't have a clue!
# 1
DSC_0055copy.jpg

#2- single comb
DSC_0056copy.jpg

#3 and #1 are probably the same breed
DSC_0060copy.jpg

#4- very small
DSC_0083copy.jpg

#5- big fluffy and bright lemon color
DSC_0063copy.jpg

#6 I am pretty sure is a Buff Orpington, she's in the second to the right of the group picture
Here's a group shot of the surprise pullets
DSC_0067copy.jpg

and a group shot of their temporary brooder.
DSC_0073copy.jpg

Quote:
#3 and #1 are not the same breed. #3 is a mottled something - an ancona or a, um... can't think of the other one. It'll come to me.

*edited to add*
It came to me - mottled java. But I'd bet ancona.

Last edited:
Got my chicks at 11:00 this morning. Mail usually arrives at our PO at 10am, but it was late this morning. I finally called the PO when she didn't call me, and she told me the mail would be an hour late. I was sure relieved when she called to tell me they were here!

They hatched 10am on the 18th, so the shipping email was correct, and sent on the day they hatched. They were shipped a day early, which works for me!

All 16 bantams plus 5 BR packing peanuts arrived well and active. They're doing great this evening.

Got 4 black frizzle cochins:
CIMG0192.jpg

Got 4 bantam sultans:
CIMG0181.jpg

Got 4 bantam GLWs:
CIMG0176.jpg

Got 4 blue silkies:
CIMG0183.jpg

Got 5 BR peanuts:
CIMG0187.jpg

Back
Top Bottom