Illinois...

BTW, those of you who have issues seeing through brown eggs, I have found that the cell phone flash light is much more powerful than the typical LEDs we use. I have not tested it on any Welsummer or Maran eggs but everything else lights up really nicely.

I use Cree XLM-T6 based flash lights to candle, they can be had on Ebay for cheap but of course you roll the dice on it actually being an authentic Cree LED... I just picked up a half dozen of these to have around the house, they took forever to arrive (about 4 weeks) but at under $3 delivered they are great little flashlights even if cheaply built, can't say if it's the real deal as it's not as bright as some of my other Cree XLM-T6 lights but that could be due to design... Either way for $3 it's a heck of a little flashlight...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191761114648

Last edited:
Hi, I said I will try to get you some eggs later if possible . Last year, I sent you 24 eggs...you only set 14 for some reason. You Got 10 to hatch. Sold all but two as chicks. I offered to send you more eggs right away because I mistakenly didn't send any that were blue . You refused to take another 24 eggs for free. I Offered you a full refund because I didn't sent you any blues even though I only charged the standard price in the first place. You did not responded to my multiple messages offering a full refund. You got 10 chicks for about $6 each ( could of gotten more if you would of set all the eggs) . And now after one year of no communication, you want more eggs this year for free and you don't even want them for yourself. You are going to hatch these to sell to someone else?

I'd rather send you a refund then ship eggs to someone who doesn't even want them.
Wow! thats not very nice Trisha. If you have decided to post in public, I am answering to slander. I did not name you, you are a very good breeder and if I had eggs sooner, I would have given them away to Easter HAL folks. This the summary (to jog your memory) but I have no grudges. BTW these are my chicken friends here who I offered them to and are local close to me and I can offer them anything what I want. Its a hobby for most of us here and we don't raise chicken to make money off them and are not professional breeders.

1. I ordered BLR eggs, your husband shipped me standard ones instead and shipped my box to someone else.
2. Since I ordered for HAL, the replacement eggs would have been no use for me because they would not reach me in time.
3. We agreed that in lieu you would either refund my money or from one of your future hatches you would send me a BLR trio at 4-6 weeks old. (I would pay for shipping)
4. When contacted later, you said, you did not have enough BLR hatch and would not be able to ship.
5. I said, I would think about what to do and yes did not get back to you afterwards.

So please don't make an issue out of a non-issue. If you delete your post, I will delete mine. I did not slander you (not even mentioned your name) and always referred/mentioned your flock as one of the best to other folks so please don't slander me.

Thanks!

FYI on shipping eggs . The Post Office now offers special handling for $10.35 . I have sent 2 shipments this way and the first one has arrived safely . Second one has not arrived yet . They keep the special handling out of the mail bags .

Hi, I said I will try to get you some eggs later if possible . Last year, I sent you 24 eggs...you only set 14 for some reason. You Got 10 to hatch. Sold all but two as chicks. I offered to send you more eggs right away because I mistakenly didn't send any that were blue . You refused to take another 24 eggs for free. I Offered you a full refund because I didn't sent you any blues even though I only charged the standard price in the first place. You did not responded to my multiple messages offering a full refund. You got 10 chicks for about $6 each ( could of gotten more if you would of set all the eggs) . And now after one year of no communication, you want more eggs this year for free and you don't even want them for yourself. You are going to hatch these to sell to someone else?

I'd rather send you a refund then ship eggs to someone who doesn't even want them.

Wow! thats not very nice Trisha. If you have decided to post in public, I am answering to slander. I did not name you, you are a very good breeder and if I had eggs sooner, I would have given them away to Easter HAL folks. This the summary (to jog your memory) but I have no grudges. BTW these are my chicken friends here who I offered them to and are local close to me and I can offer them anything what I want. Its a hobby for most of us here and we don't raise chicken to make money off them and are not professional breeders.

1. I ordered BLR eggs, your husband shipped me standard ones instead and shipped my box to someone else.
2. Since I ordered for HAL, the replacement eggs would have been no use for me because they would not reach me in time.
3. We agreed that in lieu you would either refund my money or from one of your future hatches you would send me a BLR trio at 4-6 weeks old. (I would pay for shipping)
4. When contacted later, you said, you did not have enough BLR hatch and would not be able to ship.
5. I said, I would think about what to do and yes did not get back to you afterwards.

So please don't make an issue out of a non-issue. If you delete your post, I will delete mine. I did not slander you (not even mentioned your name) and always referred/mentioned your flock as one of the best to other folks so please don't slander me.

Thanks!

I did not slander you. I shipped the wrong eggs. I offered you free eggs. I offered you a refund. I offered you started blue pullets IF I hatched any good enough to ship. I only hatched two blue pullets and one was pet quality. Then it got too hot to ship eggs or birds. I offered you a refund again and did not hear back from you. . I didn't know the eggs HAD to be " HAL" egg only for BYC contests or not be any value too you. I thought you were wanting to breed Barnevelders.

I'm sending you a refund.

I did not slander you. I shipped the wrong eggs. I offered you free eggs. I offered you a refund. I offered you started blue pullets IF I hatched any good enough to ship. I only hatched two blue pullets and one was pet quality. Then it got too hot to ship eggs or birds. I offered you a refund again and did not hear back from you. . I didn't know the eggs HAD to be " HAL" egg only for BYC contests or not be any value too you. I thought you were wanting to breed Barnevelders.

Thats why I said, there is no issue so lets not make one! Thanks!

Thanks!

$60 Refund has been sent. Let me know if it ends up being less than the $57.96 you sent me.

Quote:
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

I'll let you know. Looking forward to them!

Last edited:
FYI on shipping eggs . The Post Office now offers special handling for $10.35 . I have sent 2 shipments this way and the first one has arrived safely . Second one has not arrived yet . They keep the special handling out of the mail bags .

Thanks jerryse, I think I will contact her and ask if I could pay the extra shipping. She is also going to try those new foam egg forms this next shipment. She wanted to know how they looked when they arrived since the box was sent in the wrong direction. When I sent her the pics, she said she was filing a claim and resending. She is awfully nice to do that for me. She wrapped each egg in tube bubble wrap then placed them in Styrofoam cooler that was then placed in a lined usps box that was padded all around and this is what I got. They took a rough ride, so the special handling sounds like a smart option. Thanks for the info.

Since we kind of know who the parents are of the chicks, it should mostly be an exercise in confirmation. So if you can take pics on Monday/Tuesday when they will be 2 weeks, especially of the wing feathers with wings stretched out, it will help a lot to determine sexes.

The 2 chocolates are definitely pullets
The dark colored choc cuckoo could be a girl or a boy (this one would be hard to tell for now)
Of the two light chicks, one has a darker shade. if it ends up with barring on the wing feathers, its definitely a double barred choc. cuckoo and hence a boy.
The lightest one if barred would either be a double barred choc cuckoo or mauve cuckoo. In either case it will be a boy. You will have to look very carefully because if its a mauve cuckoo, the barring would be very faint.  On the other hand if there is no barring it would be mauve and hence a pullet.
As for the white legbar, your guess is as good as mine. Seems like its swelling is going away and the vault is closing so it may survive.

Good luck and have fun!

Now I need to remember this lol. I did take pictures on this last Tuesday but didn't post them BC I hadn't heard from you. That being said I don't think there are enough feathers on any of the chicks yet to see. The two like orps also seem to have solid feathers so far but they look white. So I guess it's just a waiting game. I would very much love them all to be girls lol of course I know that's impossible so I'll be happy with any including and other than the two little chocolate pullets. Of course my fingers are still crossed for the little legbar.

No this is the same 1st. shipment, it was sent in the wrong direction at first and finally arrived yesterday. And I agree on the Phone Light App, I have been using it for a while. Also used it for my Marans eggs and was by far the best lighting for dark eggs. Just make sure you close out the program when finished candling, it causes my phone to over heat.

And I do not need any Barnevelders, that is @Faraday40
new breed. Sorry to hear about your problems with the Incubator Temps Faraday, hope your hatch does better than expected. I have the same problem with my Styrofoam incubator, I have perfect spots, cold spots and hot spots. Forever moving thermostats around and rotating eggs. Love my little brinsea, perfect temps, but not enough room.

I still have my order of chicks coming from Greg (Spangled Orps)  and Heirloom (Black Orp). I am soooo done. If anyone is interested in either, let me know. I plan on letting them grow out a bit, but only plan on keeping 2 of each.  

@Justso
 I am hatching out some of the SL bantam cochins in this next month, if you would rather have chicks instead of eggs. Let me know

Oh how wonderful! Spangled orps :) must resist saying I'd take a pullet or two ;)

You awesome people always get me into trouble on this thread ;)

Last edited:
Cuddles update:
My gut tells me she's dying but doing a good job of hiding it. After reading many posts, I believe she had/has ascites or some type of tumors growing. Her eyes are bright, but she's getting thin, & her abdomen just won't soften. Nothing helped with the swelling, so at some point she will weaken. Since she eats & poops a little, I decided to bring her outside with me today. Boy she enjoyed her time outside with the flock! She scratched around, ate grass & seeds, dug holes in the mulch, took a long sand bath,and even had the strength to run away from a romantic rooster. A great chicken day! I left her out there to be with her friends until she shows signs of pain. I can look forward to future chicks, but I'd give them all away to have my Cuddles healthy again. She's my 1st lav orp & a very special pet. (Honestly, I'm tearing up at the thought of letting go.) I hope for more time, but do not want her to suffer for my sake. Please pray for me that I may make the right decisions when needed & that our family can deal with our future loss..

Back
Top Bottom