Illinois...

20170516_182906.jpg 20170516_183440.jpg Like the new look of the site! Can't wait to play and go thru it.

I have discovered another bantam broody today sitting on Bantam cochin eggs but will probably pull them unless someone wants some chicks. Just got my numbers down where I want them. I have 15 LF and 6 bantam cochins that is not including my 2 LF chicks, Jubilee and Russian orloff and 2 bantam chicks, chocolate mottled, that I kept.

My Chocolate Orp has decided she likes it better in the bantam coop and they don't seem to mind a bit. She has been in there for 2 weeks now and since she comes from the Marc Sacre line of chocolates, she is considered mid size in my eyes. Here is a pic of the 2 oops chicks, the result of my Mottled Frizzled bantam cochin and my Chocolate Orp. I ended up with a pair. Might hatch a couple more this year to see where I can go with them. They both have nice yellow and feathered legs. But would love to get a yellow beak on them. Something to strive for.

Last edited:
For those that know us, I just finished putting together DD's dance recital video. (The one for which I made the hairpieces out of chicken feathers. :)) She had a rough day yesterday (just normal middle school stuff), so if you want to help cheer her up, give her a Youtube like.

The order is messed up.the one with the straw is the last day on the rooftop. Then the one by the emergency area. We crossed a little grassy area before going through the underpass where the tents are. Someone opened their window zipper and the goslings stopped for a quick look. Then we crossed the soccer field. And at last in the harbour.

@Wild Birdman I love the pics of the move! Those goslings are adorable, especially checking out the on looker in the tent. That mallard duck must have gotten word that you take good care of all the poultry up on the roof. Nice Job!

Back
Top Bottom