I'm not sure who to dislike the hatchery, or the USPS..

Still no sign of my goslings.. I've been upset all day yesterday and all day today.. They were supposed to come yesterday and hadn't so then they said they may come today... They still have not.. I guess everything that is supposed to be a happy thing for me lately is a horrible sad thing now.. I'm very worried about my chick order from Murray McMurray that is supposed to come in about a week.. I'm so extremely sad.. I need a miracle right now.. So many people I know were rooting for them to be here and praying that they would come.. Why isn't God reciprocating.. Why aren't the multiple saints we've been praying to been reciprocating our prayers..? I am so devastated..
hit.gif

Ordering in the summer is just as bad if not worse for my location. May not have delays, but this years delays were unforeseeable..

Ideal poultry said FedEx stopped shipping Tuesday after their orders for the day left the plant with USPS. That's why USPS didn't have info.. They should have been in FedEx's portion of their trip.

All my chicks arrived DOA this morning.. I'll call and reschedule as soon as the hatchery opens.

I guess the only sure "safe" time is late March or early April when all chance of frigid weather/snow has passed across most of the country. After that there's always the risk of an unexpected early heat wave somewhere along the route!

Ordering in the summer is just as bad if not worse for my location. May not have delays, but this years delays were unforeseeable..

Ideal poultry said FedEx stopped shipping Tuesday after their orders for the day left the plant with USPS. That's why USPS didn't have info.. They should have been in FedEx's portion of their trip.

All my chicks arrived DOA this morning.. I'll call and reschedule as soon as the hatchery opens.

Well I have some good news. My goslings made it this morning, but the roosters packed for warmth barely did.. Only 3 are lively and moving and running but the 4th one out of nine isn't doing so great.. So we're thinking that he won't make it..

That's great news!..ish..

My reship is for Wednesday the 11th.. Next weeks lowest low is 41° for us and normally chicks from ideal to here go to Houston international straight to GSP international.. Texas weather is suppose to be like ours.

I'm in shorts and a tank top today and will be all week.

That's great news!..ish..

My reship is for Wednesday the 11th.. Next weeks lowest low is 41° for us and normally chicks from ideal to here go to Houston international straight to GSP international.. Texas weather is suppose to be like ours.

I'm in shorts and a tank top today and will be all week.

Our weather in Northern Illinois feels great today! It's supposed to be between 35-60 all week long!

The last two times I've ordered from Ideal (the only two orders, actually), all my chicks arrived alive. Though this last one, on the 4th/5th two were nearly dead, but were saved. But they arrived the very next morning after being shipped, so I would be angry with the postal employees, not the hatchery. I live in the middle of nowhere, literally, so it should have taken much longer to get them here.

The last two times I've ordered from Ideal (the only two orders, actually), all my chicks arrived alive. Though this last one, on the 4th/5th two were nearly dead, but were saved. But they arrived the very next morning after being shipped, so I would be angry with the postal employees, not the hatchery. I live in the middle of nowhere, literally, so it should have taken much longer to get them here.

Considering neither places checked the weather, nor informed us and had no info on our chicks... So I'm mad at both places.

Considering neither places checked the weather, nor informed us and had no info on our chicks... So I'm mad at both places.
Both the hatchery and the USPS were aware of the weather situation. What do you think they should have done instead? Not sent them? Then what?

Both the hatchery and the USPS were aware of the weather situation. What do you think they should have done instead? Not sent them? Then what? 

They aren't supposed to accept the box.. They weren't shipped express priority mail.. Sorry that everything I order is seriously dying right now..

Back
Top Bottom