I'm officially addicted to air plants.

I will have to try crocodile, ferns I have bought many birds nest ferns over the years but only had success with one but it died when I forgot to water it before we went on vacation I was so sad because it was huge
I also can't grow rabbits foot fern it's just those two that give me trouble.

I've only tried the rabbits foot once and it was a disaster. I lost my birds nest in a hard freeze that snuck up on me two years ago. You should be able to get ahold of some pretty cool ferns easily in FL.

I've only tried the rabbits foot once and it was a disaster.  I lost my birds nest in a hard freeze that snuck up on me two years ago.  You should be able to get ahold of some pretty cool ferns easily in FL.

yes we can
i found this neat looking fern at a local nurserie the other day it's called a climbing birds nest fern, its pretty neat looking and it spreads.

That sounds fantastic! I picked up a rabbits foot today at home depot, went for grout... I'm hoping it does better than my last attempt. I've never seen a trailing words nest, I'd like to see that.

I love ferns! They're so pretty.

I need help. I have no clue what I did... The base of one of my Strictas is brown and squishy. I always let them dry before returning to the container. I pulled off all the leaves down there until they were no longer brown. What do I do now??

I love ferns! They're so pretty.

I need help. I have no clue what I did... The base of one of my Strictas is brown and squishy. I always let them dry before returning to the container. I pulled off all the leaves down there until they were no longer brown. What do I do now??

I hope it something treatable but it sounds like it may be rotting. I'd separate it from any other plants as a precaution.

Here is a link that has some pretty helpful information. They talk about rotting near the bottom.

http://www.plantsrescue.com/tillandsia-stricta/

I hope it something treatable but it sounds like it may be rotting. I'd separate it from any other plants as a precaution.

Here is a link that has some pretty helpful information. They talk about rotting near the bottom.

http://www.plantsrescue.com/tillandsia-stricta/
Thanks! The cinnamon seems to be working. Is it okay to cut the base off? I'm not sure if that'll kill the plant.

Back
Top Bottom