In honor of St. Patrick's Day...how about a Green Pea Festival?

Destinduck I love how brightly colored your two year old green's face is. He has to be one of the longest necked greens I have ever seen, although recently I read something saying that green peafowl have long legs and a long neck so that they can see even when they are in very tall grass like Elephant grass which grows in some of the areas they live in. I thought it was really interesting.

I love that photo of Goldilocks! It kinda reminds me of a photo on the internet of some green peafowl at the Bronx Zoo:
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4026/4709436936_535ff9a340_z.jpg
DMFarm- Is that a Burmese peacock? He looks really nice is he one of those imported greens?

Zazouse- I really like that third photo of the peahen in the bahia grass. That grass growns in my peafowl pen and when it gets those black seeds or flowers on it the peafowl run their beak across it scraping off all of the black stuff. Do your peafowl do the same thing?

I love all of these photos!! They are great!

Last edited:
Here is .....probably the St.Patrick's Day parade for for Greens ... in Thailand ! ( ►19.00 ).

I've never seen such a parade in an aviary!

Last edited:
Dany12- The green peafowl in that video were amazing! The call they make is so different. I love videos of wild green peafowl...They live in such beatiful environments.

Hello Dani,
during the mating season it is normal that green peafowl are doing such a parade. In the past I could observer this already many times. But it is nice to see this once in a video which was made in the nature.

Zazouse- I really like that third photo of the peahen in the bahia grass. That grass growns in my peafowl pen and when it gets those black seeds or flowers on it the peafowl run their beak across it scraping off all of the black stuff. Do your peafowl do the same thing?
If you click on the photo and enlarge it you can see that is what she is doing, my guineas do it also that is why i try to let my pastures grow a bit,gives them a bit more protein

Zaz, your first photo cracked me up so bad!

Love greens. If I get any peafowl, I imagine it will be these gorgeous birds. Love the photos!

Back
Top Bottom