In the pictures i have a definite roo but the other one the brown one is the one im unsure of hen or roo

Eyehartephotography

In the Brooder
May 21, 2020
Screenshot_20200720-064126_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200720-063945_Gallery.jpg
20200720_063237.jpg

I’m thinking hen. She has smaller legs and feet rather than thicker ones like a rooster. She also has a smaller and lighter colored comb. But what breed is she? Because of the tail feathers.
Nope! Easter Egger cockerel.

I’m thinking hen. She has smaller legs and feet rather than thicker ones like a rooster. She also has a smaller and lighter colored comb. But what breed is she? Because of the tail feathers.
She was sold to me as an ameracauna. People have said she is just an Easter egger but I dont know the difference. Im thinking its a she the tail feathers in my pictures are still baby feathers but the few adult ones coming in are well rounded and straight not saddled.

I get confused with the ee, ameraucana, araucana, etc thing too. But in any of those, the females are not flashy. Yours is definitely male.

She was sold to me as an ameracauna. People have said she is just an Easter egger but I dont know the difference. Im thinking its a she the tail feathers in my pictures are still baby feathers but the few adult ones coming in are well rounded and straight not saddled.
Nope! I think 97% roo.

Back
Top Bottom