Incubating Shipped Eggs

I'm incubating shipped brahma eggs, too. I had to assist all three chick's when I had them in lock down sitting upright in a carton. I'd like to know if early lock down helps, too. This time I'm laying them on their side.

Mine go into lockdown tonight. One thing I've been doing wrong is not lowering the temp for lockdown :( I will post pics tonight after I candle. Really hoping my hatch goes better this time around.

Mine go into lockdown tonight. One thing I've been doing wrong is not lowering the temp for lockdown :( I will post pics tonight after I candle. Really hoping my hatch goes better this time around.
I hope so too! Best of luck.

Does lock down early help with damaged egg sacs?

It doesn't help the damaged air cell. But you can stop turning early, to help the chick get into position. Not the same as "locking down". With funny shaped air cells the chicks can benefit from an extra few days withOUT turning. I stop on day 16. But I would recommend any day from day 14-16. Increasing humidity for hatch should happen when your air cells have grown large enough and before external pip. Most commonly on day 18, but could be sooner or later depending on the growth of the air cells.

SO exciting! I have this problem where I want to peek when the eggs wobble. Very hard to resist the urge to manhandle while they're making all these sweet little noises and rocking and piping.

I could sit there for hours just watching the eggs. It seems like these last few days take forever
1f615.png

Back
Top Bottom