INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, my duck eggs externally pipped about 21 hours ago. There's been slight progress with one but now it's membrane is looking slightly orange. I can hear chirping but not sure if it's from the one that's only just pipped.

I am like u and thinking egg bound get personal with her, check her

Also put food coloring in the other girls vents to see who is laying put zip ties on legs that coincide with food coloring it's the easiest way to tell who is laying
When I've had egg bound hens, they weren't really lethargic to the point they wouldn't move. They would continuously go into the nest then leave and stand around with the vent pulsing and they would continuously moan.

I just told someone in a PM, I am glad I don't have the panic of a person that isn't sure how to assist. I remember that feeling of "what do I do? When do I stop? Where do I put the hole?" If I choose to assist (who are we kidding? I assist, and have not lost one yet that I did.) I only have to decide when. Such a relief!
th.gif
I know this sounds bad but I don't assist.

Does anyone here have a brooder plate from Premier 1? I got one this week, plugged it in yesterday. Checked it this afternoon and it was so hot I could only touch it for 2 seconds before it was burning my hand. Is it just me or does that seem too hot?
I have 2 of them. A small and an extra small. I don't recall them being THAT hot. I'll go plug one in now and check.

When I've had egg bound hens, they weren't really lethargic to the point they wouldn't move. They would continuously go into the nest then leave and stand around with the vent pulsing and they would continuously moan.

I have 2 of them. A small and an extra small. I don't recall them being THAT hot. I'll go plug one in now and check.

It doesn't sound bad. I know you don't.

Thanks for checking! I feel like I have a high tolerance for hot objects, my husband touched it for a second and said it felt like a hot pan on the stove. I went ahead and got an extension cord, dimmer switch, and outlet box and made my own 'temp control knob' so I can lower it. Just shocked it would be that hot. I was supposed to get a temp gun from the Mac Man today, but he didnt show. Definitely gonna check it when I get the gun.

Thanks for checking! I feel like I have a high tolerance for hot objects, my husband touched it for a second and said it felt like a hot pan on the stove. I went ahead and got an extension cord, dimmer switch, and outlet box and made my own 'temp control knob' so I can lower it. Just shocked it would be that hot. I was supposed to get a temp gun from the Mac Man today, but he didnt show. Definitely gonna check it when I get the gun.

It's pretty darn hot but I can keep my hand on it for at least 10 seconds. It may not be up to temperature yet though.
Keep in mind, chicks aren't putting bare skin on it. They have feathers for insulation.

Hey, my duck eggs externally pipped about 21 hours ago. There's been slight progress with one but now it's membrane is looking slightly orange. I can hear chirping but not sure if it's from the one that's only just pipped.

One of mine that hatched today took about 22 hours from first pip to opening a large pip hole (where I could see the beak). The large hole was made around 9:30 PM, by 6:30 AM the next morning (9 more hours) it was almost done zipping. It split the egg and hatched at 6:50 AM. Definitely took longer than chicks I'm used to hatching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom