INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My birds are divided into separate runs. I I free range them, alternating runs between days.
I'd like to turn them all out together. My concern is whether each group will return to their "home" coop at night. Neither coop is large enough to acomodate all 15 of them.
Whatcha all think?

i am considering the same thing, does that make it a good idea?

Last edited:
@Sally Sunshine
Hello Darlin'
hugs.gif
love.gif

I am fine, thanks, the end of working day, and the beginning of the real work, at home!

And you? Preparing yourself for the hunting season?

I know what you mean about the real work being at home :D

I'm doing well. Yes, hunting season will be here very soon. I'm ready to harvest some deer for my freezer and enjoy being out in the woods.

Archery season's been in all month down here, but it's been too blessed hot. It's getting cooler now, but I'm trying to get this new building wrapped up before snow flies.

Do yiu shoot good with the crossbow?

Depends on what I'm shooting at. I can hit a bag target just fine, but I seem to have a problem hitting a deer at the same range, even though the target's sitting in the same spot. Makes no sense to me :idunno

It called the Dear rush, it is because the adrenaline pumps befor you shoot an animal and that makes your hurt beat strongly = you out of aiming!

Last edited:
Quote: Bubbles

We aren't at the OK corral! And Chaos isn't Wyatt Earp!
lol.png

Now you sound like Tom Selleck in "Quigley down Under", one of my favorite movies. The filim where he is us a sharpshooter that came to Australia? (
lol.png
)
That's the one. I also like the line where he told the bad guy, who he'd just shot, "I said I didn't like pistols; I didn't say I don't know how to use them". That has to be a real classic!

Howdy all, Happy Harvest....

I have a first time broody! I set 8 eggs under her last night, when I posted on FB about it, someone mentioned that you always do odds.... ? I asked what that means, no response!

My girl, StarFire, is a Black Australorp. Usually my Silkie is the momma! Also recently hatched was, 1 out of 9 eggs set, a few weeks ago and that first timer, Bullet who is a Silver Penciled Rock cross with Light brown Leghorn, she is doing a fantastic job raising the chick.

dawwwwwwww Welcome over!!! and hello again!

Hi Everyone,

Tonight is day 3 Yaaaaaaaaay. I think i could see some tiny blood vessels in one of the lightest eggs!!! Ive only got 4 in there haha just testing it out! Bantam eggs take 21 too right??? Sorry probably a silly question!
sometimes they will hatch 19-20 depends on temps etc.

Quote: bawahhahhaaaaaaa yer so cute Jess!!!! Love this pic!

I am new here and I don't know if I am posting in the right place. I have a question. I am hatching today and he one out. I have 2 incubators and was going to put chicks in one once they hatch so not to disturb the ones still inside shell. When putting a chick in the incubator I noticed a smell of pinesol. Not strong but I can smell it. Is this safe or should I put the chick back with the other eggs that are not hatched?
did you use it to clean the bator? How are the chicks and your hatch! @stephde29 you have pics!!

Ok, thank you. So it is safe for this chick to play soccer with the others? Lol
ITs great to leave them in there playing soccer!!

WHY LAY HATCHING EGGS HORIZONTAL TOUCHING:
It is now known that the different embryos communicate with each other by a series of clicking sounds, the rate of clicking being the important feature. Ensuring the eggs on the hatching eggs are in contact with each other facilitates the synchronization of hatching where the eggs are incubated in a modern machine. This assists in reducing the time between when the first and last chicks hatch.

My eggs are developing..... can you all see it???

I am on instagram www.instagram.com/zades_australorps
Sweet image!!! what day 3??? @BantyChooks
And Sally or metel what do you set humidity at on day 17?

@BantyChooks do you have the post link for serama? @Roada Red up it to 72 if its the serama
Morning y'all.
frow.gif
We took the kids camping yesterday. It was pretty fun and went well until tent time. It was just too hot, so we bailed.

looks like a great time!!!
How long does it take a temp spike to affect embryos? Yesterday (day 15 for chickens and ducks) the bator was at 105.6. It had been having trouble holding temp so I had half of it under a blanket overnight. I candled just now and I lost one chicken egg for sure, maybe two, but all the ducks are still kicking.
oh noooooo!!!!!! @campingshaws update>?

What to do when you find a HIGH TEMPS in Bator post #7061
What is the maximum and minimum range of temp I can go before killing the chicks? post #12473
Yall I got a question do we got any smokers in here
I cant afford them, nor do I want to. Plus I quit and would be stupid to start back up again. I smell pretty now too!
big_smile.png

Well maybe she smokes.... I quit 23 years ago..... I still smoke salmon though.....
smile.png
lol I pray yer wife dont smoke in the dang house phil! And you dont go to that club filled with smoke, yer asking for trouble!

Where'd Sally get to? @Sally Sunshine
frow.gif
barely breathing waiting in the land of the dead

Welcome!!! how cute!!! what kind are they??

Hey All
smile.png

My 3 day olds are doing well, some are breaking their caps n everything!

Great lookin chicks!!!

Quote: lmao!!! yer funny!!! I like you
highfive.gif

My birds are divided into separate runs. I I free range them, alternating runs between days.
I'd like to turn them all out together. My concern is whether each group will return to their "home" coop at night. Neither coop is large enough to acomodate all 15 of them.
Whatcha all think?
if they have been living together in the same coops for at least A MONTH you should be fine!! they should keep separate even in the yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom