INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
send me a pm my mom lives in Rathdrum and has power. She'll let you use her house for the eggs.

Depending on what day they are on, it can cause more harm to move them. Proceed with caution...
fl.gif

I'm running a 24 hour test of the MacGyver Bator. The humidity started at 61%. The temp started at 70.3 F. In 1 hour it reached 100.5 F and 45% humidity, but is still fluctuating every 30 minutes or so - cycling the light on (as I've been sitting here it took about 25 minutes to cool down from 100.5 to 99.0, the light clicked on for 2 minutes and it reached 100.5 again). I'm running it dry to see how it averages out. I will be monitoring over the next 24 hours, and then I'll add various types of humidity sources to see how to best control humidity. I want to know where in the bator and how much water to put in to get to incubating and hatching levels. It's not a coolerbator or LG, and I'm assuming the glass will hold humidity differently than those, so I'm experimenting. The gap I questioned and the front of the glass are draped with a blanket. I'll update again with pictures and information tomorrow. If I end up testing it on fertile eggs before February it will have to be with someone else's eggs and they'd have to take the chicks.

Ugh. Good luck you guys! I feel like I am reading a news drama thread instead of a hatch-a-long! Hope everyone finds help! I just ordered grogel off eBay, will be my first time using it.

It is dramatic, I got lucky my eggs all hatched 2 days before the first outages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom