INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year's everyone. I skimmed through the past few pages, loving all the baby chick pics! I finally caved and I'm pulling out the incubators...setting some eggs next week.

Happy New Year's everyone. I skimmed through the past few pages, loving all the baby chick pics! I finally caved and I'm pulling out the incubators...setting some eggs next week.
Happy new year, Peach!!!
wee.gif

Sorry we're being a bad influence on you... but welcome to Hatcher's Anonymous!!!

Well, I mixed up some cream of wheat the mill moths found, added some plain yogurt and then scrambled eggs :( hope they like it.

The little chicks make everyone want to hatch chicks again!
1f602.png
I think I will stop for awhile after this batch

Well, I think my NYD hal is done :) I had 4 beautiful chicks hatch out of the 8 eggs I set. 3 were infertile, 1 was a late quitter. The last one to hatch did so 12 hours after everyone else. and 36 hours after it's pip. LOL. He must have gotten too excited and pipped early, because he bled a little from his navel after he hatched. 100% unassisted hatch! YES! I have 2 grey chicks with peachy legs/beaks, and 2 dark chicks with black legs/beaks. They are so so so pretty!
love.gif
I was very surprised by the colors as their mums are RIR and dad is a Auraucana silvery splashy barred something or other color. :) I am curious to know if the chicks will have less vertebrae like their pops, or have a full tail like their mum. Can anyone tell from the pictures??? The last chick is still wet in the bator, so no picture of him.
roll.png

I got 11 delaware eggs in my incubator..
Seller shipped a week late.. hopefully sent me freshest.
However the air cells looked bigger like they would for 7 day mark. So who knows.

Awesome!! use higher humidity until day 14

No surgery just treated the wound underneath with iodine and lanolin wrapped it and then wrapped and taped the wing in place next to the body.
very nerve wracking working with those small wings and the swelling is so bad it only goes mostly in place.awes
good job! keep us updated! please

Who's to say I listen to anything???
hu.gif

Uhm... I actually did keep my hands out for the duration... not counting candling and removing the egg turner for lockdown. Other than those times... nada.
thumbsup.gif

Wow... you pushed the envelope on that one, Mike! Glad you're still with us!!!
awesome!

Hey guys, I just checked on my juniors and one of my nine week old Sapphire pullets had a snot like bubble. Any ideas
How to Provide Emergency and Supportive Care https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1048620/how-to-provide-emergency-and-supportive-care

well, she had it when I was out there. It was a bubble and then as pictured. I did not feel it. She looks otherwise like the others. First is snot picture second is all of them.

Sally this is for you:
This dish is the real hummus,
A mash of boiled chickpea, "tahini" - טחינה
(Sesame past Reed this link:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahini) salt, cumin, garlic, olive oil, with
A boiled egg, and some herbs.
This dish is one of the healthy dishes that is! Only The one that are made not in a commercial way!

oh!!!!

Chick #10 hatched! she is yellow
barnie.gif
what happened to the variety of colors
gig.gif
sweetttttttttttttttt

Seramas aren't supposed to breed true. Essentially you would getr a differant color chick every time. I only have 2 really unique color patterns. But, you never know how they are going to feather out
idunno.gif
I need to get pics, I have a few really dark chipmunk! never had them befoer!

Peachickie!!! yayayyayyaa what are u gonna set ???

Well, I think my NYD hal is done :) I had 4 beautiful chicks hatch out of the 8 eggs I set. 3 were infertile, 1 was a late quitter. The last one to hatch did so 12 hours after everyone else. and 36 hours after it's pip. LOL. He must have gotten too excited and pipped early, because he bled a little from his navel after he hatched. 100% unassisted hatch! YES! I have 2 grey chicks with peachy legs/beaks, and 2 dark chicks with black legs/beaks. They are so so so pretty!
love.gif
I was very surprised by the colors as their mums are RIR and dad is a Auraucana silvery splashy barred something or other color. :) I am curious to know if the chicks will have less vertebrae like their pops, or have a full tail like their mum. Can anyone tell from the pictures??? The last chick is still wet in the bator, so no picture of him.
roll.png

awwwwwwwwwwwwww good job veny!

love.gif
roll.png

Aww... they're so cute! Congrats, veny!!! Kind of like Ron said on the HAL thread... 4/5 ferts ain't bad!!!
clap.gif

Can't say what they'll look like when they mature. Might be a little of both, or a lot of either! Time will tell...
idunno.gif

almost scared bubbles with my scary pic, uploaded the wrong one ha ha ha

I am off, no one in the house means I can clean and see it stay that way for at least an hour! Be back later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom