INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do take notes on all the attempts. if it wasn't for happy and sweetpea I probably would have given up. They wintered over in the house as they didn't get time to acclimatize to the weather like the main flock did, which by the way they did pretty darn good with -40 temps for a couple weeks there, then we got dumped on but they still out free ranging, Picks are 3 weeks apart chicks Nov and Dec hatches 2 roos found new homes

Happy from Nov is BR roo/ white leghorn hen and already bigger than her mom since Nov. she's looking for my son that went to work lol.

Sweetpea is BR roo/BO hen from early Dec hatch the 2 little BR roos that hatched with her already went to new homes as don't need any more roosters lol
Nice looking birds!!! Funny how the barring got washed from the white leghorn mix, but is still pretty strong in the BO mix. Speaking of too many roos... of the 22 BR chicks I have, 14 are roos. I plan to keep one. Might be hard to re-home 13 BR roos...
idunno.gif

Nice looking birds!!! Funny how the barring got washed from the white leghorn mix, but is still pretty strong in the BO mix. Speaking of too many roos... of the 22 BR chicks I have, 14 are roos. I plan to keep one. Might be hard to re-home 13 BR roos...   :idunno

Soup?

Nice looking birds!!! Funny how the barring got washed from the white leghorn mix, but is still pretty strong in the BO mix. Speaking of too many roos... of the 22 BR chicks I have, 14 are roos. I plan to keep one. Might be hard to re-home 13 BR roos...
idunno.gif
The White leghorn cross got a few pin stripes on lower parts of the wing is all, the BO cross is speckled more like a quail not barred. Your supposed to tell em when ya put em in ya want hens not roos, lol

runs off for more coffee lol

Last edited:
The White leghorn cross got a few pin stripes on lower parts of the wing is all, the BO cross is speckled more like a quail not barred. Your supposed to tell em when ya put em in ya want hens not roos, lol

runs off for more coffee lol
I didn't tell the eggs that when I put them in... but I did tell the guy I bought the eggs from I only wanted hen eggs!!!
he.gif

idunno.gif
Well we planned on a flock of about 20 including a couple of roosters. we eneded up with 9 hens and 2 roosters in the main flock and rehomed the rest that turned out to be roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom