INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you didn't. *hugs* I just feel bad for you, and the hen....
How are the eggs in the bator? Anything hatching there?
Do you still have your baby pigeon? Did I miss something?

Not a pip yet

I did bring the last of the broody eggs in

I may have to check tonight to see if the serama are shrink wrapped

Even if you can't make out the veining, I can!
That's all that matters. Coffee holding out?
For now! I will need to make another run soon.
I've got a box of cassette tapes (Patsy, Willie, Johnny, Waylon, Elvis....you name it...can still play 'em in the truck. Makes long trips to WI a bit shorter.
I got milk crates full of old cassettes...hundreds of them all 60's through 80's rock.....stacks of vinyl too.
I have a cassette to cd as well as record to cd converter. I also have a stereo with cassette and turn table. My 8 track player is long gone though.
Nope. All sell the same. But I don't have very many white egg layers in the egg sellers. I just mix them in. All eggs are white anyway that's what I tell them if they ask.
True, but lots have themselves convinced that browns taste better :idunno
I have an uncle that insists that brown eggs come from free range chickens. And he owns chickens!

@casportpony
I finally got the necropsy results from the rooster that dropped dead.
He had a heart attack. He had an enlarged heart. Congested lungs and liver due to the heart condition.
More accurately, the heart damage increases the chances of malfunction of the coordinated electrical conduction in the heart leading to catastrophic arrhythmia.
The cause of the heart condition couldn't be found. This type of condition occurs sporadically in poultry species.
He was very thin with no fat under the skin or in the body cavity.

Brain, trachea, crop, kidneys, pancreas, intestines, sciatic nerve and skeletal muscle were all good.
Mycoplasma synovia was detected in the PCR assay.
All other pathogens in the PCR and bacteriology were negative.
Interesting that this bird was pushing 4 years old. He completely free ranged for over the first year and has been in a large pen since then with near daily free range opportunities. I've never wormed him (or 98% if my other birds for that matter) but few helminth ova were present.
Very interesting... This should show people why they should send off for necropsy.

-Kathy

You ever use the old record players that had the adapters that slid down over the spindle so you could play 45's ?
I sure did. We had one that you could stack the records and it would drop one and play it, then drop the next etc. I never stacked them, since I felt it scratched them.

I still have some of my albums and a few of my dad's collection. One of those plastic disks was in the box I just emptied. I had most of my albums stored in my folks garage when I was living overseas. One day when my mom was in the garage, someone walked by and said, are you selling those albums, and she GAVE them away. She didn't think we wanted them anymore. That was 25 years ago - I'm still annoyed....
he.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom