INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what the ambient humidity is where the incubator is?
I know we keep a pot or kettle of water on the woodstove in the winter to put some moisture in the air. If you do something similar, that might be your problem.

Such a good point.

Ideally, room temperature should be 75-80F and ambient humidity should be 50-60%.
It probably doesn't matter with a small tabletop model but outside of that range the incubator cost to run is more than the cost to heat the room with natural gas or wood.
When the incubator works harder, internal egg temperature isn't uniform.
When the room is too dry, keeping the humidity higher in the incubator creates evaporative cooling - causing the incubator to work harder.

@Sally Sunshine I did the best I could with it and It's by itself resting. I'm really not sure what the protrusion is. ? This is the first time I've ever seen this.

@Sally Sunshine I did the best I could with it and It's by itself resting. I'm really not sure what the protrusion is. ? This is the first time I've ever seen this.

I am on tablet so cant open as large as I would like, but I will assume its the yolk sack at the last stages of absorption

Ok thanks
thumbsup.gif
@kwhites634

Last edited:
Now comes the fun part of cleaning and sanitizing the bator.

I hope to set again on the 10th or so.

Then I will have nothing but shipped eggs.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom