INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking a break from standing over the incubator to feed my other animals. Cows swimming in the ocean? :lol:

I like to say silly things. A dog is a giraffe. A deer is a hamster. A horse is a gerbil. And... Cows swim in the ocean, while fish fly.
I was at a local store, and couldn't get rid of my hiccups. A woman asked me what swam in the ocean. I told her cows. She was baffled, but my hiccups were gone.
A week later, while on a motorcycle group ride, there were a bunch of cows wading in the river. I now have proof that cows are what others call fish!

:lau

Last edited:
Day 33 on the 11 Muscovy Eggs... Looks like there are 2 or 3 internal pips, but many of the eggs look like they're a good five days behind. Definitely need to sort out the heat problems 

-Kathy
Good luck! I have some shipped Muscovies eggs that go into lockdown Monday. I've never had any luck with them.

Good luck to you, too. This is my second attempt... Last time all died in the last week.

-Kathy

Quote:
fl.gif

Quote:
love.gif

I'm taking a break from standing over the incubator to feed my other animals. Cows swimming in the ocean?
lol.png
th.gif

@LocalYokel
@anyoneelsewhocarestolisten

I have been at a rock solid 102 degrees and 22% humidity for 1 hour and 11 minutes! :weee
And it has been 101-103 all day, I was gone or I would have gotten it to 102 WAY sooner!

1/29/16 FRIDAY 11:45pm

PLEASE HELP ME UPDATE THIS!! I didn't update it for three days! and I cant go back and read every post again!
IF YOUR NOT ON THE LIST TAG ME IN YOUR POST OR ASK SOMEONE TO TAG ME PLEASE!

MISC:
Casportpony
Can you possible do a list for us who is clean for MG as far as bigger hatcheries and also these: Ideal Hatchery is mycoplasma positive @casportpony

Making Bators~ I need updates to keep adding to our notes sections canadachickens, fire 4th cabinet, silverhair, fresnofarmer, mrleeroy you need to start one! CliftonFarmer cooler, chickenlove cooler, lazyacre cooler, shahtir101 coolerbator

Coop expansions:
Silverhair, chaos18, hippiestink,

HATCHING/INCUBATION

Fire
Making bators too. A couple dozen BCM's and about 3 dozen out of our free range layer pen.
Sally set more ccl, project eggs set serama eggs from sara and martha set 1/24
J&TRanch 1/12/16 12 self blue Cochin bantams (shipped) day 3 (going to candle today to see how many are viable).... And 18 eggs arriving in the mail tomorrow @J&Tranch My shipped self blue bantam Cochins are doing good. I had to throw out a stinker and a seeper
1f61f.png
So out of those 10 remaining, 7 are developing nicely
1f600.png
They're on day 7. I ended up receiving 16 shipped from GA, they looked good considering the single digit temps- only 3 saddles and none cracked. They're on day 3 today, will candle Wednesday maybe.
Saris My hatch is done 6 DIS 24 chicks outonly had to help one out of the shell when it got stuck zipping. Hooray!
TJ Believe it or not, there are two developing from this mess! I had to wash them in hot water to get all the slime off and they have saddle cells, but I'm giving them the best chance I can. Probably won't ever turn them. So, the new batch was packed a bit better and nothing was broken, but out of 8 eggs, 4 are saddle cells and 4 are completely rolling. Set them all anyways
CasportsponyDay 33 on the 11 Muscovy Eggs... Looks like there are 2 or 3 internal pips, but many of the eggs look like they're a good five days behind.
LocalYokel set quail and TJ eggs 1/24 Seramas moved into LOCKDOWN! The serama didn't make it, mal DIS, checked this morning and had unabsorbed yolk. Bantam ee is still pipped and breathing Seems ok No new pips , may have ALOT of mals
Canadachickens Barnyard mix yeilded 8 fluffy butts out of 13 day 11 candle of silkies - 4 viable, 10 duds, 2 blood rings
Venymae @venymae got an update? hope your ok! Salmon Favorelles and 11 shipped Cochin eggs on 1/15. On day 8, only 4 of the Favorelles looked good, but 8 of the Cochins did -- I left them all in the 'bator. I added 10 of my own silkies on 1/23.
gotro17 Shellee lavender Orpington shipped egg issue,Papa's Poultry. Jeff- you rocked it! Not one crack! Thank you!!! We have Bielefelders, Crested CL, BBs Marans and Mottled Lavender Orpingtons, along with some surprises from the rainbow pen! Can't wait!!!5 Marans eggs were cracked
1f44e.png
. However, all frizzles and lavender Orpingtons were intact. Vital Farms eggs I got at Target, along with some silkies from our new friend from down the road, @Jessimom ... We are setting tomorrow for a Feb. 6th hatch day.
ChickaLong Hatch day 1 February Black sex links mostly RIR rooster over BPR hens. Down to 33 eggs in the hova-bator 1602N with computer fan32 to lock down
Howfunkyisurchicken Nichole! hatching Silkies and Sizzles (2 under broodies and 2 in the incubator). how many eggs are set and when due? @howfunkyisurchicken got an update for us?
Hawk12 have 7 blue/gold partridge brahma chicks in the incubator on day 15. Candled last night and things look pretty good. Air cells might be a little small. I lost 5 from this hatch due to a temp spike on day 3
sad.png
I emailed the gal I bought them from to let her know my progress and she sent me a dozen more for the cost of shipping. That was very sweet of her to do knowing it wasn't her fault or even the PO but my faulty incubator. I'll be setting those eggs tomorrowDay 15, 7 eggs.
mrleeroy Got the eggs candled last night (day 7). Had 2 quitters but 100% fertile again. The other 12 were squirmin'
deserteggs22Update on my eggs in the incubator on day 7: all 7 of the eggs have moving babies in them!!! YAY! I will do another update on day 14.
Mirajane 10 white leghorn eggs, as I've said, my dad will only eat white eggs, so I bought some white eggs for him, so I can hatch them and raise them for him. They were shipped, 5 are good, 5 have detached air cells. Sat out for a full day before being put in incubator. Also put in 11 of our eggs from... @Mirajane got an update?
PeachickieLast hatch was a bust, only shipped eggs involved. Didn't have much hope for them when they were set. Have some in lockdown now. Either they're rocking or I'm seeing things
Auroradream26My hatch is officially over. All 17 eggs hatched and now I have 17 beautiful, new BCM babies!
AmericanMom Day 17 on 36 eggs... barnyard mix.. I have a blue orpington rooster, and a blue orp/Cochin rooster coving a variety of hens. @AmericanMom how did your hatch go? got pics?
macylee 1/19/second week of my first incubation attempt! I have 40 eggs, 3 Swedish Isbars and 5 Cream Legbars, 2 RIR/EE eggs, a few RIR/Golden Comet eggs and the rest are RIR/Black Sex Links. @macylee How is your bator and eggs doing?
ambe0487 33 eggs show up in my Bator and they are on day 5 1/19 @ambe0487 how did candle go?
Fire Ant Farm I set 16 Cream Legbar eggs yesterday afternoon. Looks like the shipped eggs (Alohas with some Naked Necks in the mix) will come next week, so the tandem hatches will be a week apart. (Brinsea Octagon), and the second one will be set up tonight (R-Com 20).
scottcaddy 2 different broodies on eggs at about day 10 1/20 @scottcaddy do you candle their eggs?
slordaz 1/29so far with staggered hatch results were first 4 due last monday died hatching 1 pipped and drowned and 3 pipped into egg sac, while doing eggtopsy noticed an external pip on 1 of 3 due Saturday had a small bleed which used what I had on had, masa mix . it stopped the bleed well and she was drinking almost immediately withing 2 hours she was eating softened food. 2 more still due tomorrow and 7 on tuesday, never doing a staggered hatch again lolWill get more pictures when I get back from town as batteries died in the camera
Math I set backyard mix chicken eggs on Wednesday, January 20th.
abbeville oz Just set my very first eggs in the incubator last night. Praying we don't loose power due to the snow and ice storm. Silkies and BO crosses. @abbevilleoz did your electric stay on? Hope all is well
shahtir101 Just set 8 more serama eggs 1/23
S5apiotrowski incubator warehouse incubator. I have 3 welsummer eggs, 18 BCM, 2 easter eggers, and 5 mixed breed (BCM and Cochin cross, father is ??)
MotorcycleChick 24 Easter eggers due the 12th.
PHAGE I have about 30 Trader Joe eggs due to hatch on Monday,1/25 and about another 60 eggs due in A bit over a week ( for a friend) @Phage UPDATE???
Chicken HAwk33 set 40 something eggs set 1/23
Jessimom 12 shipped Salmon Favorelles and 11 shipped Cochins set on 1/15, should hatch on 2/4. I also have 12 of my own silkies set on 1/23, should hatch 2/12.
jwlpoultry 100 eggs due to hatch Wednesday 1/27 and 30 next monday 2/1. About to check my hatch for Wednesday and see if I need to remove any. @jwlpoultry how is hatch going?
Friday Yet 6 eggs in the incubator as a first test hatch from my flock: Russian Orloffs and Half-Orloffs. Initial humidity 38%, will candle and adjust on Sunday. Hatch is due on 2/14 - Valentine's Day. Four were pulled from the fridge and will be a day later, if they are good.
DHetzle Checked the hatcher before work and removed 25 CCL chicks. 4 more were out of their shells and drying when I left. And the first black sexlink is out too.
HeatherMarieR I have Muscovies going into lockdown Monday 2/1.
fresnofarmer I have officially set my 2 dozen grocery store eggs at 1/29/2016 8:45pm pst
Benny aka Akrnaf2 4 rumples Aracaouna,and 4 Partridge Plymouth rocks, this is tge first time that I have bilt a bator!

RECAPS!

1/28/16 at 11:29pm Thanks Bubbles!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...chat-meet-new-friends/42300_100#post_16460204

Last edited:
Good luck to you, too. This is my second attempt... Last time all died in the last week.

-Kathy
This is my 3rd attempt. Last time I waited too late to put them into lockdown. I thought I had read day 33, but now I'm ready around day 30.

I was torn on this because the majority look so far behind. The first one to pip looks like I lost way too much weight, and the majority look like they didn't lose enough. Sigh...

I'll get some candling pictures later.

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom