INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

How many kids do you watch, other than your own?
DW used to run a daycare here @ the house many moons ago. Seemed like she had a hand in raising half the kids in the county. At one point she was watching the offspring of parents that she'd kept when they were kids :p  

You made me to make some calculation and my first year students should be now 44 YO! ( 18+26!)

Went to the brooder this morning and that like runt from yesterday was dead. Figured it would. Should have just culled it. But always give them a fighting chance.

X100
I also want a job
@lozerface79 try thinking out of the box this world lives in. Come up with something you can do to make money, nothing says you have to have one thing aka job that brings all of that in. its best to not put everything in one place anyways..... you know the saying to that????? ask around and see what those need around you, what can you do or make to get to them cheaper to help them first and in turn help yourself? think Matt think!

OK, now there are 11 or 12 pipped that I can tell - it's awfully hard to see when they pip on the underside! There's some peeping, but I can't actually tell who it is, and unfortunately, I've been at work since 7:30am, so no idea how long. Here's a photo of one that is pipping away from the air cell (the upper one). Interestingly, all of this pullet's eggs are larger and somewhat rounder than the others - they also uniformly had less draw down from my last candle on day 18, so their air cells look small.

Should I increase humidity at this point? (say to 70 or 75%)? (Do I understand correctly that tomorrow, day 21, I should drop to 97.5F?)

I understand from the assisted hatching article to wait at least 18-24 hours before considering doing anything. Alas, for a number of these I can't see the pip easily - just the bits of shell that have fallen indicating a pip is there. Rereading that info now... I have to work all day tomorrow (no other option), so any assistance I provide will probably be no sooner than 4pm tomorrow anyhow. Tomorrow is day 21. Horrible timing of the hatch plus work. And I'm so tired right now....
he.gif

- Ant Farm
@Fire Ant Farm I hope I run into an update!!

Quote: pigs stomach?

More by the minute. Here's another external pip away from the air cell. If you look carefully, there's a little red tinge (blood presumably) on some of the crack seams. Another of that pullet's eggs. (I had wondered if this would be a problem.)

Lots of peeping - I can hear them two rooms away if I listen carefully...

- Ant Farm
this one is out now?

Quote:
gig.gif
you know it!!

Hope all goes well Ant Farm -

Apparently the power went out when I was at work - back on now. Not sure how long it was out, but I don't think it was too long. I'll candle tomorrow at Lock Down.
morning!
hugs.gif
Good luck with your candle!!! please update!! today!
fl.gif
good luck! @S5apiotrowski

still nothing
gig.gif

Steal nothing
STEEL nothing?
gig.gif

Well my ankle is going to scream bloody murder, but my gi is lonely. I am hitting the mats
yesss.gif
@daxigait you shouldnt have cleaned out those chicken coops! I knew you would hurt after that, says Mother Sunshine!
rant.gif

How many kids do you watch, other than your own?
DW used to run a daycare here @ the house many moons ago. Seemed like she had a hand in raising half the kids in the county. At one point she was watching the offspring of parents that she'd kept when they were kids
tongue.png
one one during the day some days, for now, and I like it that way. but the before and after big kids are such a pain in the butt most days! but at least its short lived UNLESS it SNOWSSSS or inservice days!!

Quote: given!! WOW why cant something be given to me like that! ha ha ha
I would take anything with a motor just to get out there.
Although dad has a champion he never wants to go out at night when most people are out there, and when I can go.

I have a magnet that says, " Islands is golden, but talk tape is silver " That is the auto correct version. What I typed is, "silence is golden, but duct tape is silver!"
lau.gif

Sally your coolerbator was a great read. couple questions. I'm compiling the components for my own. Missing several crucial elements. And was wondering where I could possibly find them and precisely what they are called.
never ask to ask... have at it!
hugs.gif
good morning!

You made me to make some calculation and my first year students should be now 44 YO! ( 18+26!)
44!!!!! wow you started young Benny!!

Went to the brooder this morning and that like runt from yesterday was dead. Figured it would. Should have just culled it. But always give them a fighting chance.
your nicer than me
hide.gif
how can that be Tony?
lau.gif
I am such a kind heart aint I?
th.gif

Good morninv
hugs.gif
mornin son

Quote: I have, your in lockdown, keep the bator closed. nothing to worry about no pips until day 19 or 20 sorry you cant get them out faster, and keep the bator closed! dont candle and put them in harm now, let them alone! your time was day 1-17 cause you have serama in there, let them go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom