INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! No response.

I have a magnet that says, " Islands is golden, but talk tape is silver " That is the auto correct version. What I typed is, "silence is golden, but duct tape is silver!"

Ever see the one that says "When I want your opinion I'll remove the duct tape"

Lol!
Can you believe it?! No pips yet! It's day 19! What are they waiting for??
Anyone else wonder how AutoCorrect can change so many words? "They" was turned into "fry" and "so many words" was changed to "a good day".

Mine too! Day 26 and nothing yet! They better hurry up!

I know what you mean with the auto correct thing. I swear, I'm ready to delete the words worth, asks, and Thera from my tablet's memory because for some reason, it thinks I use them every day!

We need to explain "anxiety" and "impatience" to our eggs. You're lucky enough to have other recent hatches. I haven't even seen a baby bird in two or three years. I'm dying here! LOL!

Before bed I decided to add a sponge-cloth soaked with water in the incubator to help with the humidity. (Lesson learned - no matter how fancy your incubator, have a back up plan!). That seems to have helps a lot, humidity was 71% this AM - and I woke up to an incubator full of 9 peeping chicks, with one more zipping! I don't know why I bothered with the baskets - they were climbing all over the place, can't tell who is who. So I quickly got the 7 dry ones out and into the brooder. The wrong position ones that pipped are still alive - they are enlarging their pip holes (some movement seen), and one that pipped toward the "floor" was rocking. (I think they were encouraged a lot by being climbed on by the other babies).

I actually have a mild migraine today (probably why I was so tired and confused last night), so I need to go lie back down. But I'm hoping these last little ones make it out on their own. I will re-read the assist article again, of course, but won't be doing anything until this afternoon/evening (which would be about 24 hours). (It's day 21.)

So, 10 babies out, three more pipped in wrong position, unsure about the last two. Babies are resting quietly, tired out from all their spelunking over eggs.

@Sally Sunshine

Meanwhile, one of my bachelor roosters has gotten out of his paddock (again) and gone on walkabout in the yard. (His nickname is Houdini, he can get out of anything.) I can't cope with him today. Yard is fenced and secure, cats can get in, but he'd beat a cat up. I just put food and water out for him and told him to be good, and that if anything came after him while I was inside, he was on his own. More secure paddock is on the list...
he.gif

- Ant Farm

Last edited:
Before bed I decided to add a sponge-cloth soaked with water in the incubator to help with the humidity. (Lesson learned - no matter how fancy your incubator, have a back up plan!). That seems to have helps a lot, humidity was 71% this AM - and I woke up to an incubator full of 9 peeping chicks, with one more zipping! I don't know why I bothered with the baskets - they were climbing all over the place, can't tell who is who. So I quickly got the 7 dry ones out and into the brooder. The wrong position ones that pipped are still alive - they are enlarging their pip holes (some movement seen), and one that pipped toward the "floor" was rocking. (I think they were encouraged a lot by being climbed on by the other babies).

I actually have a mild migraine today (probably why I was so tired and confused last night), so I need to go lie back down. But I'm hoping these last little ones make it out on their own. I will re-read the assist article again, of course, but won't be doing anything until this afternoon/evening (which would be about 24 hours). (It's day 21.)

So, 10 babies out, three more pipped in wrong position, unsure about the last two. Babies are resting quietly, tired out from all their spelunking over eggs.

(I haven't caught up since last night - Did someone say that Sally is away? If so I'll stop tagging her on these updates.)

Meanwhile, one of my bachelor roosters has gotten out of his paddock (again) and gone on walkabout in the yard. (His nickname is Houdini, he can get out of anything.) I can't cope with him today. Yard is fenced and secure, cats can get in, but he'd beat a cat up. I just put food and water out for him and told him to be good, and that if anything came after him while I was inside, he was on his own. More secure paddock is on the list...
he.gif

- Ant Farm
Nope she's around. Congrats on the babies
wee.gif

One of the mixed bantam eggs is zipping
wee.gif

One of the mixed bantam eggs is zipping

It's so much more exciting to read this now that I have seen it myself. Go chickee go!!!
jumpy.gif

Nope she's around. Congrats on the babies
wee.gif

wee.gif
Thanks!!! This is completely addictive! How do you guys not have baby chicks spilling out of every cabinet, drawer, and closet?!!
ya.gif

OK, need to lay down so I can be fresher to assist if I need to later.
- Ant Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom