INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you keep reporting on this. I was just thinking about this for my birds - I have separate flocks with separate roosters, but would love to be able to let them roam together during the day (there's a lot of fencing to keep up in the individual paddocks...)

pop.gif
I'll keep you updated. According to everything I've read, free-ranging is one of the easiest and best ways to introduce new birds to each other. There's plenty to keep them pre-occupied, but yet they're aware of each other's presence. There's no dispute about territory since it's on open and mutual ground, and they gradually get used to each other with little to no fighting. It might take the roos a little longer, but I'm sure they'll come around.

Thought I'd share here... My take on chicken math....
gig.gif

4 hens plus 2 roos
=22 chickens . (you should have 10 hen per roo)
20 hens, (silkie and BO) + 2 roos, + the arrival of spring, (can anyone say BROODIES??)
= 45 chickens, of which 20 are roos.

Then, 20 roos = chicken soup, which = a mysterious package from someplace called " Brinsea". (Must have been the cat...)

1 mysterious package + 25 hens and a feeling of inadequate chicken numbers because of aforementioned proccesed roos, =
70 chickens, but then you have an urge to get ducks which means 2 ducks =17 then you have to get turkeys, geese, quail and pheasant and then you have to debate emu and peafowl.

60 chickens (Other poultry does not count here!) plus the discovery of an exiting place called "ebay". While getting coffee, the cat walks in again and places the winning bid on 40+ frizzled tolbunt polish hatching eggs.

40 hatching eggs + 21 days = 20+ chicks.

After the tolbunt hatch, you realize those guys are so stinkin' cute you really should have more and set up a breeding program. Sooo....

4 chickens + 2 chickens =
150 chickens (the 17 ducks, 5 peas, 7 turkeys, 15 quail, and 2 emu don't count) and a 200 egg incubator on the way that that dumb cat accidentally bought!
-Banti
So, what's the problem?

Hey everyone, I need some help here.

Has anyone ever dealt with a prolapsed vent in a chick? I have a poult, about 2 weeks old that has one and I don't know what to do for her. I cleaned it up, coated it with hemorrhoid cream and tried to push it back in but any time she peeps or poops, it pops back out :/ any advice?

Surgery. You have to stitch the hole closed some.

It's a delicacy in Singapore and other parts of Asia. I had "black chicken" (Silkie) soup in a specialty soup house in Singapore. Delicious. Folks who have eaten it swear it's slightly sweeter in taste, and folks have had Asian neighbors/restaurants offer lots of money for Silkie or other Fm birds for meat. I would love to develop the Fm traits of my Naked Necks (a meat flock) - a number of folks on the Naked Neck thread have Fm Naked Necks that are SO STUNNING!!!.

I am not a huge fan of NNs but the FM NN are cute as chicks
love.gif

Thought I'd share here... My take on chicken math.... :gig

4 hens plus 2 roos
=22 chickens . (you should have 10 hen per roo)
20 hens, (silkie and BO) + 2 roos, + the arrival of spring, (can anyone say BROODIES??)
= 45 chickens, of which 20 are roos.

Then, 20 roos = chicken soup, which = a mysterious package from someplace called " Brinsea". (Must have been the cat...)

1 mysterious package + 25 hens and a feeling of inadequate chicken numbers because of aforementioned proccesed roos, =
70 chickens, but then you have an urge to get ducks which means 2 ducks =17 then you have to get turkeys, geese, quail and pheasant and then you have to debate emu and peafowl.

60 chickens (Other poultry does not count here!) plus the discovery of an exiting place called "ebay". While getting coffee, the cat walks in again and places the winning bid on 40+ frizzled tolbunt polish hatching eggs.

40 hatching eggs + 21 days = 20+ chicks.

After the tolbunt hatch, you realize those guys are so stinkin' cute you really should have more and set up a breeding program. Sooo....

4 chickens + 2 chickens =
150 chickens (the 17 ducks, 5 peas, 7 turkeys, 15 quail, and 2 emu don't count) and a 200 egg incubator on the way that that dumb cat accidentally bought!
-Banti

So, what's the problem?

:confused:
Never said there was one! ;)
-Banti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom