INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I need some help here.

Has anyone ever dealt with a prolapsed vent in a chick? I have a poult, about 2 weeks old that has one and I don't know what to do for her. I cleaned it up, coated it with hemorrhoid cream and tried to push it back in but any time she peeps or poops, it pops back out
hmm.png
any advice?
idunno.gif
Heard of dogs with that problem, but never chickens

Thought I'd share here... My take on chicken math....
gig.gif

4 hens plus 2 roos
=22 chickens . (you should have 10 hen per roo)
20 hens, (silkie and BO) + 2 roos, + the arrival of spring, (can anyone say BROODIES??)
= 45 chickens, of which 20 are roos.

Then, 20 roos = chicken soup, which = a mysterious package from someplace called " Brinsea". (Must have been the cat...)

1 mysterious package + 25 hens and a feeling of inadequate chicken numbers because of aforementioned proccesed roos, =
70 chickens, but then you have an urge to get ducks which means 2 ducks =17 then you have to get turkeys, geese, quail and pheasant and then you have to debate emu and peafowl.

60 chickens (Other poultry does not count here!) plus the discovery of an exiting place called "ebay". While getting coffee, the cat walks in again and places the winning bid on 40+ frizzled tolbunt polish hatching eggs.

40 hatching eggs + 21 days = 20+ chicks.

After the tolbunt hatch, you realize those guys are so stinkin' cute you really should have more and set up a breeding program. Sooo....

4 chickens + 2 chickens =
150 chickens (the 17 ducks, 5 peas, 7 turkeys, 15 quail, and 2 emu don't count) and a 200 egg incubator on the way that that dumb cat accidentally bought!
-Banti
Sounds similar to common core math... but we all know chicken math has no rhyme or reason. It just is...
clap.gif

Has anyone ever dealt with a prolapsed vent in a chick? I have a poult, about 2 weeks old that has one and I don't know what to do for her. I cleaned it up, coated it with hemorrhoid cream and tried to push it back in but any time she peeps or poops, it pops back out :/ any advice?

:idunno Heard of dogs with that problem, but never chickens 

Whi. What hapend to you!? Where is the pipe?

Surgery. You have to stitch the hole closed some.

...ok. ..how do I pull that one off?

Saw it on Dr. Pol. Lube it up, and push it in. A few stitches, and you're done.
Did you know ...? If the swelling is too bad, simply cover the area in sugar. Sugar sucks up/draws out the moisture. That was done to a dog on the show that had given birth and had pushed out her uterus.

Thought I'd share here... My take on chicken math....
gig.gif

4 hens plus 2 roos
=22 chickens . (you should have 10 hen per roo)
20 hens, (silkie and BO) + 2 roos, + the arrival of spring, (can anyone say BROODIES??)
= 45 chickens, of which 20 are roos.

Then, 20 roos = chicken soup, which = a mysterious package from someplace called " Brinsea". (Must have been the cat...)

1 mysterious package + 25 hens and a feeling of inadequate chicken numbers because of aforementioned proccesed roos, =
70 chickens, but then you have an urge to get ducks which means 2 ducks =17 then you have to get turkeys, geese, quail and pheasant and then you have to debate emu and peafowl.

60 chickens (Other poultry does not count here!) plus the discovery of an exiting place called "ebay". While getting coffee, the cat walks in again and places the winning bid on 40+ frizzled tolbunt polish hatching eggs.

40 hatching eggs + 21 days = 20+ chicks.

After the tolbunt hatch, you realize those guys are so stinkin' cute you really should have more and set up a breeding program. Sooo....

4 chickens + 2 chickens =
150 chickens (the 17 ducks, 5 peas, 7 turkeys, 15 quail, and 2 emu don't count) and a 200 egg incubator on the way that that dumb cat accidentally bought!
-Banti
Always blame the cat...
roll.png

Quote: Alas, I do have a pretty pushy/possessive roo with the NNs right now (Severus Snape). But I will be working my way toward this goal. I think I'd need to take vacation to be able to be around to supervise during the transition...
ep.gif

I am not a huge fan of NNs but the FM NN are cute as chicks
love.gif

I NEEEEEEED THESE CHICKS!!!!! Are these yours? Hatching eggs? PLEASE?!
love.gif

- Ant Farm

Has anyone ever dealt with a prolapsed vent in a chick? I have a poult, about 2 weeks old that has one and I don't know what to do for her. I cleaned it up, coated it with hemorrhoid cream and tried to push it back in but any time she peeps or poops, it pops back out
hmm.png
any advice?

Im really behind... but short of putting a stich in it... you are going to have to continue doing that.... So sorry, You can cull, which I know isn't the popular choice.. but it could lead to a sick hen that struggles in future years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom