INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still having trouble in my styro bators.  Things got a little better with heat sinks.....I filled small/flat mason jars with warm water and put them in.  That helped keep my temps a little more stable.  I have seen people that wrap the incubators in blankets or clothes - making sure you leave the vent holes clear.  If you go to the first page of this thread and click on the links for helpful notes in Hatching 101 - look for the section that talks about what went wrong...

Good luck!!!
thanks

Ofcorse! only lockdown ! incubating is at 37.7C optimum!

Ok wait lol do I need to change the temp right now?! Sorry I'm confused...its 99.8 right now

Also, how long do you leave chicks in the bator after they hatch? I know some say until dry but others do differently??

Last edited:
***Warning- Gross pics***

Okay, did the eggtopsy.... It was dead, thankfully, no life. (I didn't kill it! Yay!) It was malpositioned. Pics are in backwards chronological order, (so start at the end, sorry!) nd I tried to keep large end up while the chick was in the shell, for clarity. It was perfect, intestines internalized and yolk almost fully absorbed but it had tucked its head between its legs, instead of under the wing!

Last edited:
GUYS I HAVE AN EGGCITING NEWS!!!!
The art teacher here in town wants to give me eggs to hatch. He says he wants to start doing that for people in town, giving them eggs. Nothing is final yet but im really excited for next month. Maybe we might hatch some nice breeds!!
that sounds awesome! Very nice of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom