INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
See how you are?! I just took a moment to jump on here and post some eggs on the 24 hour auction, (including duck eggs ;) ),  and you guys are already going to bed!! I guess I'll miss you again because now I have to go to the barn and tuck the horses in. I'll try to sneak back on later and see if some of you other left coasters, (not to be confused with "left" anything else...) are awake!

Goodnight everyone else! :hugs
What time zone are you in?

What time zone are you in?

Same as you
big_smile.png

Pacific. I'm a couple hours east of San Diego....

I'll say pretty scary not breathing or should I say having shallow breathing so far lungs are ok. Just the tubes going to lungs are being tested with this shot.

Thanks Phil

I really know the feeling.... My breathing can be quite labored at times.... Mostly a winter thing.... Again keep us informed.... PM Me anytime..... I've been dealing with this crap for decades....

Thanks TJ. Wow that building takes awhile to put together.

I trust the cougar is gone now

Yeah, it is taking awhile. Work occasionally stops until more funding happens. It is being built through private donations. Sometimes we really get rolling . A lot is happening on it right now. These buildings are basically sculptures, so there are mosaic people, wood carvers, (me, the glass person), along with rock, cement, iron workers....and usually some interns from architect schools and a few volunteers. @Fire Ant Farm It is a learning and art center on the property of Jim Hubbell, artist/builder.

About that cougar.....A day or so after my new guardian dog chased it up the mountain, people about 5 miles away in that direction started having trouble with a cat. It hurt a horse and killed some chickens, goats and a few lambs. After about two weeks, somebody was able to shoot her as she went over a fence with a lamb in her mouth. It was a healthy, 150 pound non-nursing female. IF it was the same cat that I was having trouble with, it was also killing deer, so really no reason to be going after livestock other than it became habit. It's too bad when they get like that and I hope it was the same one and that there's not another one acting that way. I wouldn't necessarily know because this dog is definitely keeping the predators backed off. Maybe a bit too backed off....

@Yorkshire coop didn't you have one of these?

@harrellkd

Yes I do have this model and it's fantastic :D
My top tip is to prime the pump tubing with water before wrapping it round the pump. Make sure the tubing is going in the right direction too so the water heads to the incubator. The pump does not constantly spin, it goes in short bursts and the water only travels slowly so don't panic if the humidity drops it will get there in the end. It does create a good average humidity.

Good luck with your new incubator :thumbsup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom