INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@canadachickens
Anyone ever tell you you're a genius
The mower is running as I type!
ya.gif
Finally!!!

I took your advice & put the jumper cables directly to the mower cables, fired up the truck, & hit the switch. The engine turned, but not at full speed, & didn't try to fire.

I pulled both plugs, burned off any oil (though I saw none), shot a little starter fluid into each plug hole, pulled the foam air cleaner (which was dirty) but didn't replace it, sprayed a little starter fluid into the carb port, & hit the switch again; fired right up.
I haven't a clue as to which action worked, but something did.

Just for chits & giggles, I reconnected the battery; started right up! I guess the battery's good, after all.

The mower's still running; I want to burn up all the gas left in the tanks from last season (which I thought I'd done last Fall after I was done mowing) & start all over with fresh gas.

I washed out the foam air cleaner (gotta love Dawn detergent) & set it in the sun to dry. Once it's dry, I'l put it back in place & see if I can get the grass mowed.

I talked to a small engine mech yesterday & arranged for him to come out Saturday, @ $25/hr, in case I couldn't get it running...I'll contact him again if I have no further problems.

Many thanks, my friend; you saved me a lot of extra time & God knows how much money, & I'm more grateful than you can ever know.
bow.gif
highfive.gif

Just lockdowned 7 Lavender Orpington, 4 sapphires, 2 Sally's projects, and 1 cream legbar. Some already had internal pips!
fl.gif
that is all that made it to lockdown! oh no!!!!
Quote:
lau.gif

Thank you Jessi, Chaos, Daxi, Mike & Sally! (Think I got everyone??!)

My 4.5 week olds HAVE to get the boot to a grow out pen and coop this weekend!!! They're trying to fly around the brooder...knocking over feeders and waterers as soon as they're half full...it's a DISASTER - I clean up after them 3 times a day...our temps have increased more so I'm sure they'll be 100% ok out there...they're little monsters now!! And my EHAL chicks need to get split up into the bigger brooders because they're quickly outgrowing the smaller brooder and making big messes too. (Starting to jump and perch on waterers and feeders and try to fly off of them...)

What are your best tips for this stage - keeping water and food from being knocked over? I've tried a few different things but they're still making huge messes of stuff.
I have no tips chickens can be ask butts when mixing young with old. even after all this time I get issues!

@Sally Sunshine I may get some pictures tonight. I got home laye and after dark and found she had layed on two sometime yesterday. I was too sad to do more than haul them to the far side or my twelve acres to toss them for the coyotes since I did not have time to dig since I was only going to get five and a half hours of sleep as it was. Of course one was the best looking big male. Pigs are not my favorite. Definitely not again and special facilities needed.
I hope you are well. How did your hatch finish up?
@kwhites634
clap.gif
oh no!!!!!!! is this why they keep them in such a tight pen so the babies stay to the side and they cant lay on them??

Quote:
bow.gif

Quote: oh crap!!!!

My eggs that started in Ravensdale, WA, went to Kent, WA then to Mobile, AL are their way back to CA now. They expect them to be delivered tomorrow. We'll see....

Well, I just had another set of eggs from WA head to the Kent, WA hub. What are the chances of those are going to Mobile first? The last time I got eggs from THIS sender, they went through Kent, but then to my local hub.

I'm hoping the first box was just accidentally put on the wrong truck.

I gave my debit card to someone else for safe keeping, so I will be less inclined to be buy any more eggs....
duc.gif
can I have a CC too???

I had to break my pullet's neck. Her leg was at an odd angle, and she just wasn't going to heal right. I hate that! I am now sitting here, terrified of checking to be sure that she is dead. I mean, I know she is. But if she weren't, I'd give in and vomit.
I don't care if that doesn't make sense to you, I just know that I don't like being alone and having to pronounce a fresh body dead.
big_smile.png
break? not slice? sorry mc

Quote: oh no, not sure there is much you can do but watch for infection

Last edited:
highfive.gif

fl.gif
that is all that made it to lockdown! oh no!!!!

lau.gif

I have no tips chickens can be ask butts when mixing young with old. even after all this time I get issues!

oh no!!!!!!! is this why they keep them in such a tight pen so the babies stay to the side and they cant lay on them??

bow.gif

oh crap!!!!

duc.gif
can I have a CC too???

break? not slice? sorry mc

oh no, not sure there is much you can do but watch for infection
Hello, Darlin'
Been an interesting day, huh? Just when ya think something's finally going your way, something else bites you in the butt!
Oh, well, tomorrow's another day; the grass sure ain't gonna get bored & leave.

I hope you've had a good one, & continue to have better ones.
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

:highfive:

:fl   that is all that made it to lockdown! oh no!!!!

:lau
I have no tips chickens can be ask butts when mixing young with old.  even after all this time I get issues!

oh no!!!!!!!  is this why they keep them in such a tight pen so the babies stay to the side and they cant lay on them??

:bow

oh crap!!!!

:duc   can I have a CC too???

break? not slice?  sorry mc

oh no, not sure there is much you can do but watch for infection

Not sure where the knives that sharp are. Besides, I can't really handle blood right now. Getting ready for my brother-in-law's funeral. Death and sickness is bugging the crap out of me.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR UPDATES!!!!

TAG ME in your updates!!

TAG HOW to keep typing after you @ someone! see:post #2469 post #1088

4/13/16 8:45 PM Wednesday

banner-happy-birthday-modern-decor-9-on-birthday-design-ideas.jpg

Auroradream26 April 27, sarah25bear May 1st mrleeroy 5/2

FireAntFarm aka Kristins Tractor coops post #67119 post #68140 post #68171 post #68816
Fire Ant Farms Coops post #49071 post #46144

HATCHING/INCUBATION

mlm Mike 4/2 eve 7 Icelandic eggs candle 7/7 developing ; air cells good
Sally Sunshine Always hatching!
Fire aka Hero always hatching! shoved 8 under a broody Cochin tonite.
NestingHillsSC aka Tony always hatching!
Casportspony aka Kathy aka Kat always hatching
TJChickens aka TJ Always hatching
DHetzle aka Dennis always hatching
PHAGE always hatching!
jwlpoultry aka Justin Always Hatching! 3/17
Auroradream26 aka Jess Always hatching!
Canadachickens aka cc Always hatching
Saris aka Lacie
14 of 15 Ameraucana eggs are growing, 1 is clear
at least 6 of 9 Bielefelder eggs are growing. Some are harder to see into than others So I will leave them all in until day 15.

LocalYokel aka Yokel 8 of 12 Leghorn still look good. Tossed clears. 6 of 6 RIR look good! I had initially set 15 quail eggs There are 27 now

Venymae @venymae update?

gotro17 aka Shellee @gotro17 I miss you!

Hawk12 aka Kristie @Hawk12 update?

Peachickie aka Nicole Decided to set a dozen guinea eggs today, didn't have room in my cabinet incubator sooooo started up one of the backup 'bators @Peachickie when are these due?

Fire Ant Farm aka Kristin @Fire Ant Farm update?

S5apiotrowski aka Anastasia aka AC @S5apiotrowski How did your move go?

Chicken Hawk33 aka CH aka Seth Day,seven for the chicken eggs in the bator.Day fifteen for my broody muscovy.

Jessimom aka Kathy I have 13 Salmon Favorelle and 9 of my silkie eggs locked down 4/4. I have 6 EE and 6 backyard mix eggs from a friend, plus 13 shipped blue/buff Cochin and 2 of my silkie eggs set on 3/27. 6 shipped silkie eggs, 12 auto sexing EEs and 19 frizzled EEs set on 4/1, but I snuck 6 more shipped silkie eggs in on 4/2. I have some replacement eggs from an earlier infertile batch being shipped soon, and .15 Blue Wheaten Sulmtalers due on Thursday.

HeatherMarieR @HeatherMarieR got an update?

country lovin aka Ty 3/25- set 7 cream legbar, 7 sapphire, 5 Sally's projects, 7 lavender Orpington. @country lovin how is it going? Lockdown tomorrow??

caeti21 @caeti21 got update?

butterfliesdoku aka Vanessa @butterfliesdoku got eggs in the bator?

sarah25bear aka Sarah @sarah25bear you have eggs in the bator?

CyndiD @CyndiD eggs back in the bator?

bauerdog aka Joanne @bauerdog Joanne do you have more eggs in the bator?

Roada Red @Roada Red do you have update for this?

NaJoBeLe aka Nathan 9 eggs went under broody yesterday. And 28 went into the LG sat night. Have another hen that went broody who is currently on a empty nest. Hopefully work will calm down a bit tmrw and I can rejoin the banter.

pjnbill22 @pjnbill22 update?

Mirajane @Mirajane got update?

BantyChooks aka Bubbles aka Banti 10 OEGB x silkie set 3/29.

lindalouly @lindalouly did you set eggs? got update for this?

Shahtir101 @shahtir101 update? I cant find your post! sorry!! I think it was on the HAL!

lozerface79 aka Matt @lozerface79 did you set more eggs Matt?

howfunkyisurchicken aka Nichole EMU! @howfunkyisurchicken update??? miss you!

firedragon1982 @firedragon1982 got update? I think you posted on the HAL?

flocktastic aka Mrs. H @flocktastic

chickygirl7 @chickygirl7 got eggs in the bator?

rlhagan56 @rlhagan56 how did it go? did you set more eggs?

justkat59 @justkat59

shellikirbey @shellikirbey how did it go?

Torch404 @Torch404 how did it go?

billiejw89 @billiejw89 did you ever order eggs from MPC to set?

politicalcenter @politicalcenter update?
They are silver lace Wyondots (sp) and Buff Orpington. We also have a couple of Australorp. We just gathered the eggs and put them in

henhoneygirl @HenHoneyGirl we are missing you, how are your eggs in the bator?

Cochix aka Tricia @COChix

stryker @stryker got an update?

Tao Chick Currently incubating 15 Cream Brabanter. Last hatch 1 Brabanter and 5 Pavlovskaya.

ruthannnall 3/17 22 magpie and mallard eggs into the incubator. Can't wait til day 28. @Ruthannnall got an update?

Laurel Meadows @Laurel Meadows

prizepete 4/2 did my day 14 candle last night, Out of the three that made it to day 14, two died sometime between day 8 and 13... So just one egg... again... I need to figure out if its my birds or my incubator, If its the bator I am going to email brinsea @prizepete

HiddenFlockEC 3/18 Just set my first eggs, 12 Ameraucana and 6 of my mixed flock. Could be Buff Orpington/Rock, Orpington/Silver Laced Wyandotte, or Buff Orpington @HiddenFlockEC

deserteggs22 @deserteggs22

LittleLakePhil 3/19 I set a dozen Khaki Campbell eggs. @LittleLakePhil update?

Coreenelane 3/28/ On day 15 but think I lost alot of eggs to fluctuation of temp. What is the best/easiest controlled heating supply for incubators? I need one and have no idea what or where to get one. @Coreenelane got update?

lizzy14 I just put 27 eggs in our incubator!! This is only our second hatch and we made modifications to the incubator - added a fan this year. @lizzy14

imlovinmyskin Kathy On day 22 of hatch #2 of welsummer eggs. Started with 23, had 8 viable eggs at lockdown. Had 3 moving at candle on day 21 but as of this am (now day 22) still no pips. I think my humidity was too high, air cells seem small On day 11 of hatch #3 due 4/8.. Started candeling on day 10 to hopefully get a handle on my humidity issue. Hatch 3 has 14 welsummer eggs in turner. Hatch 3 is neighors hatch with a different Roo. Wondering if my Roo has a genetic disorder since first hatch was a complete dud..and it looks like 2nd hatch might be too. 4th hatch (due 4/18) went in Turner yesterday ... Will candle in day 7 to chk air cell and make necessary adjustments I will have a successful hatch!! @imlovinmyskin hows it going?

UR-ru-ur-ur aka Joey set shipped RIR 4/6 in refridgerbator

mrleeroy Set the eggs last night (after 12 hours of resting). 10 Cream Brabanter eggs. Expected hatch day is 4/28!

attimus Set 4/8 6am
21 svart hona(put 4 of these under a broody)
4 black Hmong
5 hona/Hmong x

wabbit1964 Incubator #1 my barnyard mutts 37 of 42 eggs made it to lockdown last night due to hatch the 13th. Incubator #2 a friends barnyard mutts due to hatch 4/17 (may run late as I had issues with that incubator temp running low) and incubator #3 barnyard mutts due around 4/29 and turkeys due May 6th.

NEW INFO TO GO INTO OUR NOTES LINKS PAGE when I can get it there!
How to Send a Bird for a Necropsy post #81844
Day 10 Ancona Duck post #81978

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom