INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3ceb6d10_20160513_135139.jpeg

Such a beautiful place! No people nothing man made <3

Quote:
awwww I just took some two months images!! I have to post then!!

Hi friends- long time no post... Sorry. I'm posting this for a friend and will cross post in the emergency thread... Her Amercauna has separated herself from the flock, finding a shady spot and is sleeping during the day. She soaked her and checked her vent but doesn't feel anything. Her crop seems fine but now she won't lay down and is standing funny... Any thoughts?
gotro!!! missed you. @casportpony maybe she can help poor girl hope she gets better
Quote:
Mornin again sweets!
Quote:

MORNING ALL, happy Saturday!!
WHATS THE WEATHER IN YER
NECK OF THE WOODS?
13177227_1773619736207627_7806086674046497630_n.jpg

Good Morning Sally!
It's very cold here for this time of year.
the leaves are pushing out pretty good finally here! I see some sun out there!

Temps holding fine on my eggs set last Sunday, but I can't get the humidity down; still running mid-high 40's.At first it was running low, so I put in a folded paper towel with a bit of water in it. That didn't help, so substituted a couple Rx bottles; not a lot of help. I added a couple or three 3cc syringes of water to the troughs; humidity shot up into the mid-50's.

Water's evaporated in the troughs, Rx bottles have been removed, a small bowl of rice added, and a de-humidifier, that we normally use in the summer in the basement, has been set up right next to the bator; current RH 40%.

Other than relocating the 'bator to the spare bedroom upstairs, which is an option, I'm fresh out of idea. Problem is, I haven't a clue if the humidity is any lower there, and no known means of finding out other than pulling one of the gauges out of the 'bator.

I can't wait to see what AC's look like tomorrow!

Any hints out there?
morning whites, let the dehumidifier do its job a bit
It has been, since yesterday afternoon / evening. Unfortunately, 'cause there's no wall on either side of the stairs, it's still having to dry the air from the entire house.

My internal clock goes off between 4 and 5 most days. I worked evenings and midnights most of my life. I hated it. I love seeing the sunrise. The only time I saw it back then was before going to bed.

They almost never hatch out of a big shell either. Twinning is a death sentence in egg layers.

Good one.
I'm not holding my breath for grandchildren. My 2 kids (in their upper 20s) are following in their ancestors footsteps. Child rearing late in life or not at all. My daughter declared about 10 years ago that she would never have children. She may now be softening on that point of view.
At least we don't contribute to overpopulation.

I didn't know you had eggs cooking in the incubator.
If they're under a broody hen, you're a bad chicken dad.

I checked yesterday and the late April frost killed all of my fruit. Apples, pears, peaches, apricots and plums are all gone.

Quote:
About?

A roll of remesh can be cut into 10' lengths and make a hoop pen 8' wide and 120' long. Or some combination thereof.

You could have thrown the last 2 eggs in an incubator, just in case. They will certainly abandon a nest a couple days after the first hatch.

Meat.
Chicken, turkey, beef, pork, fish, etc.

They really avoid anything they've never seen or seen another chicken eat.

This place sells dried ones by the pound with free shipping.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=5000+mealworms

Better yet, buy several thousand and then raise your own. They're really easy to raise. The warmer they are, the faster they reproduce.
http://www.rainbowmealworms.net/5000-mealworms/
http://www.rainbowmealworms.net/1-pound-mealworm-bran-bedding/
https://www.reptilefood.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MWSBLG5
You can raise crickets too. They're fairly easy but can be noisy.

That's nice.

I grew up with the best of both worlds. A house in the city with all its amenities, a conveniently located suburban farm and a farm in the remote St. Francois Mountains where the closest neighbor was miles down the dirt road.
I think my kids appreciate both having spent all our free time in the woods and on rivers. However, my daughter lives in a 200 year old neighborhood in the city with lots of nightlife and work opportunities.

My eggs set last sunday took a temp spike (106F) the first day. I hope that didn't kill them. I caught them at 103 yesterday.
15 days and 15 hours to go.
I want to be in high mountains closer to the Equator. My perfect place would have no need for heat or air conditioning. Cool nights and mild days year round and no bugs (flies/mosquitos)

I'm no longer big on crowds. But I do brave them for the farmer's market. I'm going today. I think I'll pick up some goat meat.
I need some help. I can't visualize what you just told me. Remesh? I have some cattle panels and hardware cloth too.

Yes, I am currently running completely dry in the brinsea, however I live near Houston Texas, and it seems my luck is bad! Bunch of storms headed our way in the next couple of days!! So humidity will be a big issue for those small aircells.
And I just realized my error. I am currently on day 16 today. I set the eggs in incubator on Thursday April 28th at 6am
So I am further along, and less time for corrective measures! :(

Woke up to chicks that began hatch sometime early am!
The giant brahma are always a day later though, dont ask me why
and yes I should technically set them a day before since I know that lol

Still cool when you set so many eggs and see this for so many days then BAM you go to look and its got chicks!!

I'm currently in the 'burbs but the only houses visible are across the road. There's a 4 acre field on the east that extends to the top of the hill, neighbors to the west are in the middle of 3 acres of woods and the lady behind me lives in 28 acres of woods.
This was all farmland and where my family has lived since the 1800s. So I'm reluctant to give up on it. If I don't look across the road, it feels like I'm in the country. On the plus side of the 'burbs, I'm 5 minutes from Lowe's, HD, 2 more hardware stores, 3 grocery stores, a feed store, 2 pet stores, my bank, nurseries, some good restaurants and gobs of other stuff. Better yet, I'm 20 minutes from the airport and 5 big farmer's markets and a pick your own orchard are all within a half hour drive.

Cold but thankfully dry for the first time in a long time.
The lying whethermen/women say it's 46 outside. I don't know what it got down to overnight but it is 40F here at my house. It's only going up to 60 today and we may have a frost tonight.

I hope the queens I put in hives yesterday were kept warm by the bees in there. I should have waited a couple more days past this cold spell.
That sounds fine it is all the similar houses or just house after house that gets to me.

Hello to you as well, and thank you.
your daughter is beautiful !!

Quote:
th.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
tru

Thank you, that's also the case with my last shipped egg hatching about 1 year ago. I only hatched 1 out of too many to say...
However that was when I built this god awful styrofoam incubator with a hot water heater thing!
I hate those hot water heaters!!
you can build a good one with a better thermostat!! I only use cooler bators!

LL
LL

CABINET/COOLERBATOR ~ CoolerBATOR

Quote: emmie!!! good morning!! what do you have planned for the day!

Good morning, hot and humid in south Texas!!
oh you stinker!! I will take some hot but keep the humid lol

Quote:

WHATS THE WEATHER IN YER
NECK OF THE WOODS?

Hello, Darlin'
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Morning whites!!!! '
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:

WHATS THE WEATHER IN YER
NECK OF THE WOODS?

Cold but thankfully dry for the first time in a long time.
The lying whethermen/women say it's 46 outside. I don't know what it got down to overnight but it is 40F here at my house. It's only going up to 60 today and we may have a frost tonight.

I hope the queens I put in hives yesterday were kept warm by the bees in there. I should have waited a couple more days past this cold spell.

oh! I hope so! Good luck with the new queens paddler. Whatcha got planned for today, I am sure you have a list !!

Quote:

WHATS THE WEATHER IN YER
NECK OF THE WOODS?

Good Morning Sally!
hugs.gif

Raining here. I hope you have some nice weather today.
again!! keep that rain MICHAEL!!!

My internal clock goes off between 4 and 5 most days. I worked evenings and midnights most of my life. I hated it. I love seeing the sunrise. The only time I saw it back then was before going to bed.

They almost never hatch out of a big shell either. Twinning is a death sentence in egg layers.

Good one.
I'm not holding my breath for grandchildren. My 2 kids (in their upper 20s) are following in their ancestors footsteps. Child rearing late in life or not at all. My daughter declared about 10 years ago that she would never have children. She may now be softening on that point of view.
At least we don't contribute to overpopulation.

I didn't know you had eggs cooking in the incubator.
If they're under a broody hen, you're a bad chicken dad.

I checked yesterday and the late April frost killed all of my fruit. Apples, pears, peaches, apricots and plums are all gone.

Quote:
About?

A roll of remesh can be cut into 10' lengths and make a hoop pen 8' wide and 120' long. Or some combination thereof.

You could have thrown the last 2 eggs in an incubator, just in case. They will certainly abandon a nest a couple days after the first hatch.

Meat.
Chicken, turkey, beef, pork, fish, etc.

They really avoid anything they've never seen or seen another chicken eat.

This place sells dried ones by the pound with free shipping.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=5000+mealworms

Better yet, buy several thousand and then raise your own. They're really easy to raise. The warmer they are, the faster they reproduce.
http://www.rainbowmealworms.net/5000-mealworms/
http://www.rainbowmealworms.net/1-pound-mealworm-bran-bedding/
https://www.reptilefood.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MWSBLG5
You can raise crickets too. They're fairly easy but can be noisy.

That's nice.

I grew up with the best of both worlds. A house in the city with all its amenities, a conveniently located suburban farm and a farm in the remote St. Francois Mountains where the closest neighbor was miles down the dirt road.
I think my kids appreciate both having spent all our free time in the woods and on rivers. However, my daughter lives in a 200 year old neighborhood in the city with lots of nightlife and work opportunities.

My eggs set last sunday took a temp spike (106F) the first day. I hope that didn't kill them. I caught them at 103 yesterday.
15 days and 15 hours to go.
I want to be in high mountains closer to the Equator. My perfect place would have no need for heat or air conditioning. Cool nights and mild days year round and no bugs (flies/mosquitos)

I'm no longer big on crowds. But I do brave them for the farmer's market. I'm going today. I think I'll pick up some goat meat.
more baby silkies

oh and @TJChickens sent me some eggies!!! these are the Rgoldpheasants some guinea and polish in other bator,

also in there are my guinea already set, NOT FROM TJ!!!
I pulled alot over half were clears, shells are hard as a rock is that normal for guinea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom