Incubator Humidity on dry hatch?

RichardsonFarms

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 7, 2018
I set 4 dozen chicken eggs on the 16th, I’m doing a dry hatch. I actually have an accurate thermometer and hygrometer this time around, and my humidity is reading at 26.7% on the low end and 29% on the high end.

Is this too low? What will the effect be on the eggs?

My temp is staying between 99.8-100, I’ve lowered the temp, so it should be closer to 99.5 now.

I inserted a screenshot of my readings

Attachments

• 665CD919-1980-4BEB-8F36-8EF92DE6ADE9.png
    665CD919-1980-4BEB-8F36-8EF92DE6ADE9.png
    239 KB · Views: 50
:pop I've wanted to do a dry hatch, too - but am too cautious since all the recommendations are 40-50% humidity and I'm a stickler for following the 'rules' when it comes to my animals. I've read somewhere that you want 25-35% humidity for a dry hatch??? I could be wrong, though. Following to see if more experienced folks weigh in.

I would love some clarity on this subject too. We have decided to use the dry hatch method also. I’m super nervous about it but my husband is confident it will work with a higher hatch rate.

My humidity stays between 18% and 35%... I don't add water, have nothing to clean up, and have high hatch rates.
I keep the incubator in an unused bathroom, incubator vents opened, and keep the door closed.
What about during lockdown? What do you have your humidity set at?

Since I switched to dry hatching almost four years ago my hatching rate on chickens has been 90 percent or higher. I keep my humidity around 30 percent which here in Western WA is pretty dang easy to do. And I do raise it for lockdown to 50 percent. With my NR 360 doing most of the work it has been a revolution for me during chick seasons.

What about during lockdown? What do you have your humidity set at?
I don't pay attention to humidity... I never add water!
I don't have a lockdown...
I do take out the turning trays, put down a unbleached paper towel, and set the eggs on cut up egg cartons during the last 3 days.
Last hatch was 100%!
There is no stinky, gooey stuff left behind, that people often talk about... Nothing is wet!
My clean up - Remove paper towel and vacuum out dander...
This is inside my incubator... I call it The Chick Lounge.
1682632601235.png

Back
Top Bottom